Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm hopefully going to go to Northampton in September for Early Childhood Studies. Is anyone else going there/there already? Any usefull information? What halls are best? etc! Thanks, Laz x x

ReputationRep:
    Which university/ college do you mean

ReputationRep:
    University college northampton

ReputationRep:
    Hi Laz, I'm at Northampton doing Graphic Design. I stayed in Basset Lowke halls last year in Avenue Campus but I would imagine that you would be at Park for your course so it would make more sense living there.

There are 6 or 7 different halls there, some are ensuite, some not. I would recommend the ensuite halls if you don't mind paying a little bit more for them as they have very good facilities, and were built fairly recently so are in excellent condition.

Park is a nice campus and has loads of students living there but is a bit isolated and further away from town than Avenue. I personally loved living at Avenue because it is only a short walk to town and is in a really pretty area. Most of the people living there do Art courses as well so it gives it a really arty atmosphere, and sometimes feels quite seperate from the rest of the Uni.

I don't know if you are familier with Northampton at all, but if not in my opinion its a fairly nice town. There's two good shopping centres and plenty of bars, clubs and restuarants. Going out on week nights is absolutely fine because there are mainly students out, but weekends can be a bit rough sometimes as there are quite a lot of underage kids about causing trouble.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    ta! i have visited twice, and really liked the look and atmosphere etc etc! yeah, it is park campus that i will be at, but apparently there are good busses and stuff to get you into the town. i wanted to go into the halls with internet connection, but somone else who went there says dont coz you tend to get isolated, is this true? Lxx

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you get isolated, none of the rooms in Basset Lowke have internet connection though so I don't know. Yeah there are buses which go into town but, last year at least, they were pretty unreliable! Better to make friends with someone who has a car...

ReputationRep:
    well... yes! there lies another question.... should i take my car for the first year? waht i was gunna do is go up without the car then bring it up if it looks like i'll need it. i've heard uni parking can be a problem! Lxx

ReputationRep:
    I didn't take mine and I'm not planning to for years 2 and 3 either because I can't afford it. But as far as I know car parking isn't too bad at Park if you live there, it's only hard to find a space if you drive in for 9am lectures, but as your car will be there all the time it should be ok.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.