ReputationRep:
    http://files.physicsandmathstutor.co...%20A-Level.pdf
    Q2b please

ReputationRep:
    Post your working so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Post your working so far.
    Well I dont know how to approach this question, Neither the expected value nor observed value ...

ReputationRep:
    Question says: "The Chi squared test can be used to determine whether the results of this
    investigation indicate a significant difference in the distribution of young larvae between the light and the dark side"

Now your focus is only on the young - and the values in the table are your observed values.

Do you think you can now carry on with the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusufff)
    Question says: "The Chi squared test can be used to determine whether the results of this
    investigation indicate a significant difference in the distribution of young larvae between the light and the dark side"

Now your focus is only on the young - and the values in the table are your observed values.

Do you think you can now carry on with the question?
    I am so confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alesha98)
    I am so confused
    We can't post full solutions ...

If there was no difference what would the results be - these are the expected values.

ReputationRep:
    Did you manage to work out the answer to this? I have been trying for the last hour and I don't think the answer is right! I cannot work it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cb3563)
    Did you manage to work out the answer to this? I have been trying for the last hour and I don't think the answer is right! I cannot work it out.
    this should help a fair bit, Im still learning it myself
    http://www.shmoop.com/genetics/chi-squared-test.html

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.