What are your GCSE Exam horror Stories?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes its just fun to listen, so what were your worse experiences of GCSE, or what did you hate the most and how nervous were you?

ReputationRep:
    Paranoia about invigilator games

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that in another school, an invigilator decided to make pot noodle in the middle of an exam. So all you could hear was the kettle for a few minutes and then her slurping noises as she ate

ReputationRep:
    i was sat in the front row during my final chemistry exam, forgot to switch off my phone it started vibrating everyone around staring at me whilst invigilator was stood RIGHT in front of me, i really thought that was it - disqaulified - zero gcses but luckily idk HOW but the lady didnt hear, the rest of the hour was spent praying my phone wouldnt go off again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Sometimes its just fun to listen, so what were your worse experiences of GCSE, or what did you hate the most and how nervous were you?
    Someone's phone went off in the exam and it was in my row so we had to be kept behind to check.

I was so incredibly nervous, loads of people had their phones on them as they didn't pay attention to the 'Put all phones i bags' message. I really needed to pee during that time and I was so scared that if i went to the toilet they'd proper search me as they'd think I went to hide my phone.

We were kept back for like 30 minutes after and they did a thorough check, patting down blazers and checking pockets, they caught two other with the phone, their phones didn't ring. They guilty guy got away.

After that most people kept their phones in their bags, or I would hope.

In two of my AS exams a phone went off had to relive that again. Whenever a phone goes off it's always in my exam.

ReputationRep:
    French speaking.

We were meant to rattle off for three minutes in French. I managed thirty seconds before I realised that I had forgotten it all and sat there repeating "my name is xxx" over and over again in French. In the end, my teacher pressed the stop button and that was the end of the exam.

I got a U.

ReputationRep:
    Controlled assessment for french...

Because i was so nervous, i accidentally said 'Je suis diabetes' :P
    Teacher let me have another go

ReputationRep:
    A girl passed out in the first exam, she cried alot and was eventually allowed extra time

ReputationRep:
    When the invigilator just walks right next to you looking over you as you work like can you just f off please thanks

ReputationRep:
    I was at the front of the exam hall and an invigilator leant against the wall near me, with her feet about a foot away from the wall. She then proceeded to slide up and down the wall, breathing very loudly and slowly as she did.

ReputationRep:
    Had something dodgy before a physics exam so i was trying to hold every strength i had in, didnt want to kill myself from embarrassment so i focused on holding it in and guessed all the numbers :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    my stomach growled during my gcse german listening exam - when the tape stopped it growled and people sitting at desks 9 o clock, 12 o clock, 3 o clock, and 6 o clock, around all turned their heads to look at me 😫😫

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.