Should I keep talking or nahhh

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    last week i confessed right? the result upset me more than i thought it would. im fine now though, like 79% fine. accepted that it would never happen because he said so, so thank goodness im not chasing a hopeless expectation anymore.

then i decided right after, to continue to talk to him as a FRIEND, cos he seemed too nice to end the conversation. at first i felt crap, then it got better,

now it's boring, i dont feel much for him anymore. the conversation is dry AF. he obviously show no interest cos its always me who asked how his day was. should i stop now? is it wasting my time or what. he says ''a lot of'' his friends are ''fake'' who use him, and i pity him on that part, but i dont see this lasting any longer.

ReputationRep:
    wait what is this

can you link the "confession"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medhelp)
    wait what is this

can you link the "confession"?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4361180

i was in a wreck last week

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, if you think there is no point of talking to a person then don't talk to him.

I get what you mean that he will probably think you are 'using' him but sometimes people have to realise that some of your friends won't be your friends tomorrow and you have to deal with that.

If you honestly feel distressed or worried about this but you still don't want to be friends then I highly recommend(I do this to people sometimes) that you slowly lessen the times you talking to that person till you barely even talk. The good thing about this is that they won't even realise
    Spoiler:
    Show
    omg im so evil. anyways, talk to your friend if you still think you would talk in the future but if you can't imagine it then break the friendship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    last week i confessed right? the result upset me more than i thought it would. im fine now though, like 79% fine. accepted that it would never happen because he said so, so thank goodness im not chasing a hopeless expectation anymore.

then i decided right after, to continue to talk to him as a FRIEND, cos he seemed too nice to end the conversation. at first i felt crap, then it got better,

now it's boring, i dont feel much for him anymore. the conversation is dry AF. he obviously show no interest cos its always me who asked how his day was. should i stop now? is it wasting my time or what. he says ''a lot of'' his friends are ''fake'' who use him, and i pity him on that part, but i dont see this lasting any longer.
    so er if it's boring what did you used to talk before when you liked him? what was the reason you liked him surely the convo must've been bomb asf?

if he hits you up first then converse but other than that don't waste your time.

Don't really see how you'd be using him in any instance, but it does seem like you only liked him when you had romantic interest and not other than that: kinda like how a guy wants to **** a girl but only likes her in a sexual aspect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defraction)
    Tbh, if you think there is no point of talking to a person then don't talk to him.

I get what you mean that he will probably think you are 'using' him but sometimes people have to realise that some of your friends won't be your friends tomorrow and you have to deal with that.

If you honestly feel distressed or worried about this but you still don't want to be friends then I highly recommend(I do this to people sometimes) that you slowly lessen the times you talking to that person till you barely even talk. The good thing about this is that they won't even realise
    Spoiler:
    Show
    omg im so evil. anyways, talk to your friend if you still think you would talk in the future but if you can't imagine it then break the friendship.
    i guess sometimes being cold is a defense mechanism for your own emotions

ReputationRep:
    i guess sometimes being cold is a defense mechanism for your own emotions
    Trust it is but honestly do you have any interests with this guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medhelp)
    so er if it's boring what did you used to talk before when you liked him? what was the reason you liked him surely the convo must've been bomb asf?

if he hits you up first then converse but other than that don't waste your time.

Don't really see how you'd be using him in any instance, but it does seem like you only liked him when you had romantic interest and not other than that: kinda like how a guy wants to **** a girl but only likes her in a sexual aspect.
    last week when i was in the heat for him, the convo basically was me telling how i feel about him every second, and him saying how he understands, how it must suck in my position but he cant return the feelings. literally just that, then when i talked normally again he wasnt showing that sign of interest anymore, and im getting tired of putting all the effort into the talk. now i ask him about his day all the time, but apart from that it doesnt go anywhere. i am tired of it now, i find it bland. i think i'll just give it up and talk with my proper friends that ive neglected during this week :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defraction)
    Trust it is but honestly do you have any interests with this guy?
    it's slowly fading as our conversation get more bland...thank god. the only reason why i wanted to keep talking is cos he ''appears'' like a nice person, and that i thought he need someone to talk to cos he keeps complaining about his small social circle, but i have a feeling he doesnt see me as a friend who could be officially part of his circle lmao

ReputationRep:
    it's slowly fading as our conversation get more bland...thank god. the only reason why i wanted to keep talking is cos he ''appears'' like a nice person, and that i thought he need someone to talk to cos he keeps complaining about his small social circle, but i have a feeling he doesnt see me as a friend who could be officially part of his circle lmao
    beg alert! beg alert! i actually feel sorry for you! you deserve better tbh. dw, there is a more sexier guy out there for you

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.