A level combinations for Economics

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing Maths, Economics, Chemistry, English Literature + an EPQ on human geography/economics. I'm going to drop one of those subjects and can't decide between Chemistry and English Literature.

Please don't try to persuade me to do Further Maths or keep all four subjects, these are my only realistic options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lifal12)
    I'm currently doing Maths, Economics, Chemistry, English Literature + an EPQ on human geography/economics. I'm going to drop one of those subjects and can't decide between Chemistry and English Literature.

Please don't try to persuade me to do Further Maths or keep all four subjects, these are my only realistic options.
    Which one is your stronger subject?

Honestly, I would say you could drop either as neither directly relates to your course, but I would personally advise you to drop Chemistry. That way your A-levels show a good balance and variety and that you are a good all-rounder -- English Literature is also good for analysis, a skill that may or may not be useful for Economics.

Bumping your thread so you get more responses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lifal12)

Is this as or a2
    U only need maths econ and another so i wud say do whatever u think u can get best grade if its equal chems a lotttttt harder but seen as more harder and a science so its better

ReputationRep:
    English is my stronger subject out of the two and this is for A2 since my school doesn't offer AS anymore.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.