pls

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screenshot_1.png
Views: 16
Size:  284.9 KBCan someone who actually knows what they're doing check if I got that first question right, and help me on how to do the second please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeizureVictim)
    Name:  Screenshot_1.png
Views: 16
Size:  284.9 KBCan someone who actually knows what they're doing check if I got that first question right, and help me on how to do the second please.
    You have calculated the correct mols of NaOH.

For Q2 you have to work out the number of mols of Cl2, and when you have that you simply multiply by 24 dm3 to get the volume. Hint: what is the molar ratio between Cl2 and NaOH from the equation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    You have calculated the correct mols of Cl2 but your answer for the mols of NaOH is incorrect. Hint: what is the molar ratio between Cl2 and NaOH from the equation?

For Q2 you simply do 0.033 x 24 dm3 from the triangle you have written.
    Not a clue mate, I'm quite sure its 1:2 but I don't know what to do with the ratio. Could you give how to work out the answer please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeizureVictim)
    Not a clue mate, I'm quite sure its 1:2 but I don't know what to do with the ratio. Could you give how to work out the answer please?
    See my edited post. Your mols of NaOH are correct.

Okay, so you can see from the equation that for every 2 mols of NaOH you react 1 mol of Cl, therefore 2:1.

So if you have 0.033 mols of NaOH you simply divide it by 2 to get the mols of Cl, i.e. 0.0165

You then multiply this by 24 to get the volume in dm3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    See my edited post. Your mols of NaOH are correct.

Okay, so you can see from the equation that for every 2 mols of NaOH you react 1 mol of Cl, therefore 2:1.

So if you have 0.033 mols of NaOH you simply divide it by 2 to get the mols of Cl, i.e. 0.0165

You then multiply this by 24 to get the volume in dm3
    Oh okay, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screenshot_2.png
Views: 14
Size:  246.6 KBCan someone check the first question? Cause I think my mate got a different answer, but I'm not sure. If it is wrong can you give me the answer and method to work it out, seeing as this is revision and not homework. Also, can you give me the method for part (ii)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.