The Student Room Group

Do I drop A level Physics?

I'm taking Physics, maths, computing and ICT. I'm finding Physics pretty hard at the moment. Any advice? I'm finding it quite hard to even read the AQA textbook, it seems so complicated. Should I drop it or stick until the PPE exam (which is in a few weeks) and see what happens?
Original post by icesquid
I'm taking Physics, maths, computing and ICT. I'm finding Physics pretty hard at the moment. Any advice? I'm finding it quite hard to even read the AQA textbook, it seems so complicated. Should I drop it or stick until the PPE exam (which is in a few weeks) and see what happens?

The one thing I would say (having studyied AQA Physics on the old spec) that a lot of it can be very confusing at first, and eventually you figure out that these things take time at home to read over the content, think about it, make notes, ask questions to whoever you can about anything you still don't quite understand, write more things down, draw diagrams, and then it slowly sinks in. :smile: until then it is stressful though, I know. :hide:
Original post by icesquid

You can give it a try if your really struggling and can't do any of it, then drop it.
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
The one thing I would say (having studyied AQA Physics on the old spec) that a lot of it can be very confusing at first, and eventually you figure out that these things take time at home to read over the content, think about it, make notes, ask questions to whoever you can about anything you still don't quite understand, write more things down, draw diagrams, and then it slowly sinks in. :smile: until then it is stressful though, I know. :hide:

Ok thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply