Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Applying for a course with lower entry requirements than predicted grades Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I visited the University of Chester open day recently and absolutely fell in love with English Literature course available and the university itself.

I was just wondering how likely it is for a university to reject you if you have higher predicted grades than the entry requirements? My first choice is Chester and the course requires BBB/BBC but I'm predicted AAB.. Are there any chances they would reject me for this or am I fussing for no reason?

Thanks!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Nope, we'd be more than happy with those grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Chester)
    Nope, we'd be more than happy with those grades!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coco1722)
    Hi!

I visited the University of Chester open day recently and absolutely fell in love with English Literature course available and the university itself.

I was just wondering how likely it is for a university to reject you if you have higher predicted grades than the entry requirements? My first choice is Chester and the course requires BBB/BBC but I'm predicted AAB.. Are there any chances they would reject me for this or am I fussing for no reason?

Thanks!
    Hi! I'm going to be studying English Literature too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceroberts19)
    Hi! I'm going to be studying English Literature too!
    Hi! (same user, different account )
    I just accepted my unconditional offer today so exciting times lay ahead! Are you definitely gonna be joining me haha?

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.