Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Do condoms really feel bad? Or are they lying?

My boyfriend refuses to wear condoms, he says "condoms ruin it" I even to the initiative to buy the condoms but still he won't wear them, and said the brand I bought are too tight, he hadn't even tried it. He thinks the pull out method is effective enough, and says " trust me" as a matter of factly like he knows from past experience (gross) and what about STDS.

My question is, are condoms really that much of a mood killer, is it really that bad?

ReputationRep:
    Tbf I think it's preferable to having to pay child benefit.

ReputationRep:
    You bought condoms? They're free at cinemas and hospitals and what not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He thinks the pull out method is effective enough, and says " trust me" as a matter of factly like he knows from past experience (gross) and what about STDS.

trust him.

Spoiler:
    Show
    just kiddin pls don't

ReputationRep:
    What kind of tosser rests his future on the pull out method? Whether it feels good or not, dump his stupid ass

(Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    Tbf I think it's preferable to having to pay child benefit.
    When I went to buy the condoms I was shocked at how expensive they were and mentioned that to him his reply was "it's cheaper then a kid". So then that should be reason enough.

So, are you saying condoms in fact suck? Like you can't feel anything at all, I get it feels better without one vs with but you still feel good with one right?

ReputationRep:
    It does feel much better without imo but only if you're in a committed long term relationship with someone you trust and you're on another form of birth control. Otherwise, don't risk it. (And please don't just rely on him pulling out.)

ReputationRep:
    If you go to a sexual health clinic, you can get condoms for free and get a condom card to get unlimited free condoms from any pharmacy. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE always use a condom. The alternative of either getting an STD or getting pregnant is just NOT worth it. Be selfish, this is about you and your body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    It does feel much better without imo but only if you're in a committed long term relationship with someone you trust and you're on another form of birth control. Otherwise, don't risk it. (And please don't just rely on him pulling out.)
    Seconded

ReputationRep:
    Condoms do the job if he doesn't want to have a child or get/pass STD's (not saying you have them or he sleeps with other women - just a possibility). Condom's aren't tight if you use the right ones and they don't ruin the feel, it's the same only with a small bit of latex between that you can barely feel (according to my boyfriend). It sounds like hes just being selfish/not willing to compromise, and sorry if I sound like I'm bashing him, that stuff angers me because either he can pay for child support or condoms.
    Side note: It's your body so don't don't don't feel pressured into compromising with the pull out method because he's probably shite at it and there's the possibility of a plan b pill or abortion or a child and I'm sure you don't want the stress of those.

ReputationRep:
    When I went to buy the condoms I was shocked at how expensive they were and mentioned that to him his reply was "it's cheaper then a kid". So then that should be reason enough.

So, are you saying condoms in fact suck? Like you can't feel anything at all, I get it feels better without one vs with but you still feel good with one right?
    I'm not saying condoms suck no :laugh: You can still feel fine. I think the peace of mind is worth it alone. I'm surprised people still think the pulling out method is viable, it's very very risky.

I suggest you use contraception, and if he doesn't want to use it, and you don't feel comfortable, just refuse to sleep with him until he eventually does agree.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend refuses to wear condoms, he says "condoms ruin it" I even to the initiative to buy the condoms but still he won't wear them, and said the brand I bought are too tight, he hadn't even tried it. He thinks the pull out method is effective enough, and says " trust me" as a matter of factly like he knows from past experience (gross) and what about STDS.

My question is, are condoms really that much of a mood killer, is it really that bad?
    I hate putting them on. But once they are on, who cares. It's like complaining about an amazing cake because there was no icing on top.

ReputationRep:
    Pull out game strong, if you don't believe- ask his kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    My gf says this, too. You can actually feel the difference? I was like how tf can you tell the difference...

Or were you talking from a guy's perspective?

ReputationRep:
    just do anal

ReputationRep:
    Never, ever, ever, ever use the pull-out method unless you are 100% okay with the possibility of getting pregnant. Do you want a baby? If the answer is no - always use protection. If he's been with other people before you and never had any checks done, it's also best your use a condom to protect from anything he might have caught.

In my opinion, condoms only ruin sex as much as you let them. I would never have sex with anyone who threw their toys out the pram about having to wear a condom because it's just sensible to protect yourself from unwanted situations. He needs to respect you and this decision. Ten minutes of a little extra pleasure is not worth seriously impacting your life. At the end of the day, he still gets to have sex with you and wrapping your willy is not a big inconvenience if you're a responsible person.

Do not tolerate any pressure from him about this and never have unprotected sex unless you're trying to get pregnant. You have a right to decide this when you have sex and if he doesn't like it he needs to deal with it or go without sexy time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    My gf says this, too. You can actually feel the difference? I was like how tf can you tell the difference...

Or were you talking from a guy's perspective?
    It's just...it feels more sensitive. Some women can't feel any difference, for some it's more of a psychological thing but personally I've just always found it feels so much better without. I have really sensitive skin too so some condoms actually really irritate me and can cause dryness etc. I won't go into proper detail though :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    obviously it feels much better when you can feel the inside of the vagina without a condom but then againif your girl isnt on pill dont do it lol

ReputationRep:
    You should try a female condom if you want a real *fitting* issue. One of the weirdest things ever invented. Reminded me of a cross between a dental dam and a Tesco carrier bag.

(Original post by PandaCalavera)
    Never, ever, ever, ever use the pull-out method unless you are 100% okay with the possibility of getting pregnant. Do you want a baby? If the answer is no - always use protection. If he's been with other people before you and never had any checks done, it's also best your use a condom to protect from anything he might have caught.

In my opinion, condoms only ruin sex as much as you let them. I would never have sex with anyone who threw their toys out the pram about having to wear a condom because it's just sensible to protect yourself from unwanted situations. He needs to respect you and this decision. Ten minutes of a little extra pleasure is not worth seriously impacting your life. At the end of the day, he still gets to have sex with you and wrapping your willy is not a big inconvenience if you're a responsible person.

Do not tolerate any pressure from him about this and never have unprotected sex unless you're trying to get pregnant. You have a right to decide this when you have sex and if he doesn't like it he needs to deal with it or go without sexy time.
    In the beggening of the relationship, I heard him bragging to his friend about " only putting the tip in". And there's times when he said he doesn't mind cumming inside but he won't because I tell him not to, at least he respects that.

Ugh I'm in a relationship with a careless kid. And I'm not any better letting him get away with it. I don't know if he's clean, I'm sure he hadn't used condoms with his past gf. Would I have caught anything by now if he had anything?

Everytime I bring this conversation up he gets stand offish. And when I got the courage to talk to him about it face to face he gets almost pouty doesn't have much to say. Is he a douche or are condoms that bad? It's so hard to accept he's a douche.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your exams so far?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.