Birmingham graduate medicine - 2017 entry (a101) Watch

This discussion is closed.
RoadsideRomeo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Team and has now been referred to the Admissions Tutor for further consideration.

As the programme you have applied for holds interviews as part of the selection process you will be notified if you are shortlisted. Please be aware that the shortlisting process can take some time and interviews may run until Spring 2017.

:O I finally got it lol! Thought I was going to get an outright rejection from them!

Hopefully they send out interviews soon!
nrana1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
has anyone heard from them yet??
RoadsideRomeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nrana1)
has anyone heard from them yet??
Nope nothing yet...

Was really tempted to email them and ask, but chickened out :P
chartee21
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i emailed hahaha i got a generic email back saying they are experiencing a high volume of emails at the moment and to check their website for information... will update if they reply!

update:
just got this response 'Dear Charlotte All I can say is that nobody has been invited yet …presumably it will be in the next few weeks.'
RoadsideRomeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chartee21)
i emailed hahaha i got a generic email back saying they are experiencing a high volume of emails at the moment and to check their website for information... will update if they reply!

update:
just got this response 'Dear Charlotte All I can say is that nobody has been invited yet …presumably it will be in the next few weeks.'
Thanks for this!

Hope its soon!!
Katya64
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys
I hope you're all well! Have any of you applied for both their undergrad and graduate routes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
nrana1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Katya64)
Hey guys
I hope you're all well! Have any of you applied for both their undergrad and graduate routes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've only applied to their graduate course. I am so nervous about not being good enough for an interview! Did you apply to both? I did end up applying to undergraduate courses in other medical schools but realistically, I can't really afford them even if i did manage to get in.
Katya64
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've only applied to their graduate course. I am so nervous about not being good enough for an interview! Did you apply to both? I did end up applying to undergraduate courses in other medical schools but realistically, I can't really afford them even if i did manage to get in.
Hey
I think it's really hard NOT to think like that, and it's completely understandable. Because there is a high volume of strong applications, there is always that self-doubt. The only thing that you can do is keep yourself busy until you hear back from them.
I think you should always give yourself a chance even if it means eating baked beans for breakfast lunch and dinner for 5 years! I wish you the best of luck with everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
AmaduM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah same since I'm applying with a 2:1. Birmingham is the only 4 year course I'm applying to this year. The rest are 5 year courses. Have you looked into private funding?
nrana1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Katya64)
Hey
I think it's really hard NOT to think like that, and it's completely understandable. Because there is a high volume of strong applications, there is always that self-doubt. The only thing that you can do is keep yourself busy until you hear back from them.
I think you should always give yourself a chance even if it means eating baked beans for breakfast lunch and dinner for 5 years! I wish you the best of luck with everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, you're right. I am trying to keep busy and not not be so distracted that it affects my current work. Thank you so much and I wish you all the best too
nrana1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AmaduM)
Yeah same since I'm applying with a 2:1. Birmingham is the only 4 year course I'm applying to this year. The rest are 5 year courses. Have you looked into private funding?
Fingers crossed for all of us! No, I haven't looked into it. What do you mean by private funding?
AmaduM
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fingers crossed for all of us! No, I haven't looked into it. What do you mean by private funding?
Indeed. Since we don't get student finance help for the 5 year course as graduates there are other private companies that can lend you enough money to pay your tuition fees and you pay them back. Some you pay afterwards others you pay while you study. The only thing is that they tend to have high interest rates and you need a very good credit score. There's a company called 'future finance' and apparently you can also check certain high Street banks for professional development loans

Posted from TSR Mobile
Catherine1193
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi guys for all those who are waiting anxiously - I'm a current GEC 1 at birmingham and we did get our interviews offered late november so may be a week still. get used to waiting ...... it lasts all yearrrrrr. best of luck!
AmaduM
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Catherine1193)
hi guys for all those who are waiting anxiously - I'm a current GEC 1 at birmingham and we did get our interviews offered late november so may be a week still. get used to waiting ...... it lasts all yearrrrrr. best of luck!
Thank you :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Katnmort
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Catherine1193)
I think we needed to hear that! thanks
RoadsideRomeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Come on Birmingham
Katnmort
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NafNaf39)
Come on Birmingham
I know right!
Katnmort
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Another week i guess
Mdc22
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any news yet anyone?
RoadsideRomeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nope nothing.

I'm surprised Birmingham's taken this long, they're normally pretty quick :/
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.73%
The paper was reasonable (1173)
54.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (467)
21.61%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.38%

Watched Threads