how many hours to loughborough form king's cross. Watch

~Lc~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hello,
I'm starting loughborough Uni soon, and I need be in halls at 6 pm the day I arrive at heathrow. I'm arriving at heathrow at 1 pm.. so that gives me less than 5 hours to get to loughborough the same day with my luggage and what not. I read that I need an hour in an underground train till king's cross but I can't find anything anywhere about how long it'll take from king's cross to loughborough train station.. plus could someone link me to the site where I can book a seat on said trains?
spiritofsussex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I presume you are arriving at Heathrow at 1pm, meaning you'll need to leave about 30/45 minutes to get your luggage back and get down to the underground. Then catch a piccadilly line service which will take you straight into Kings Cross/St. Pancras tube station. Then catch a train from St. Pancras NOT Kings Cross otherwise you'll have to change trains, and with luggage that is horrible! There are three trains per hour from St. Pancras to Loughborough operated by Midland Mainline, and take on average between 1hr20mins and 1h45mins. This should get you there in good time.

You can check the times of trains on the day you're travelling on the National Rail website: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk - the journey planner is in the top left on the home page.

As far as booking a seat goes, you can do this via Midland Mainline directly, their website is http://www.midlandmainline.com
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Lc~)
Hello,
I'm starting loughborough Uni soon, and I need be in halls at 6 pm the day I arrive at heathrow. I'm arriving at heathrow at 1 pm.. so that gives me less than 5 hours to get to loughborough the same day with my luggage and what not. I read that I need an hour in an underground train till king's cross but I can't find anything anywhere about how long it'll take from king's cross to loughborough train station.. plus could someone link me to the site where I can book a seat on said trains?
Given that you're in a rush, you should catch a Heathrow Express train from Heathrow, this will take you to Paddington station, and takes 15 minutes - it's a bit more expensive than the Tube, but you've got to remember that although you're arriving at Heathrow at 1, that doesn't include you collecting your luggage - and suddenly time is ticking away.

From Paddington, follow the signs for the Underground and take a Clockwise/Eastbound Circle (Yellow), or Hammersmith & City (Pink) line Underground train to Kings Cross St Pancras.

From this Underground station there are lots of exits, and it serves 3 train stations, London Kings Cross, London St Pancras, and London Kings Cross Thameslink.

Follow the signs to St Pancras station.

There will be a fair amount of construction work going on between the Underground station and the train station, this is because of the final bits of work to upgrade the station ready for Eurostar services starting on November 14th this year.

You will be catching a Midland Mainline service to Loughborough and this takes around 1 1/2 hours with trains running around every 25 minutes.

The ticketing area is on the lower floor, with the platforms upstairs.
Midland Mainline platforms are Platforms 1 to 4.
~Lc~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
both of you are my saviors! thank you so much! I really didn't understand all the stuff on the loughborough Uni website (they did mention something about a coach going to some other train station, but it's all confusing when it's your first time in London ALONE! and don't know the difference :p: and google can help so much hehe)
thx guys

oh and nov 14th is my birthday... woohoo Eurostar :p:

+rep for both of you, just give me 2 days
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (353)
45.55%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (240)
30.97%
I don't have an opinion (182)
23.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed