I can't forgive my friend for something she did 2 years ago?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

Basically 2 years ago I told my supposed best friend that I liked one of my male best friends. She barely knew him but 2 days later she hooked up with him and did everything except penis in vag sex. She hooked up with him right in front of me then went home with him.

I "forgave" her pretty quickly as I didn't want him to know it was an issue and also my other friends made it pretty clear that I would have to as it would be awkward for the group. It was never about the guy really like I knew we wouldn't ever be a thing but it was about the betrayal on her part.

Since then we have had a normal friendship but I never considered her my best friend again even though I thought I had forgiven her. I realise now that I haven't. Every now and then we would have really bad arguments and I think I have anger issues and would say really mean things. I have now realised that I actually didn't really like her after that and never felt the same affection. We aren't friends anymore.

Is this normal or am I abnormal for not forgiving her after 2 years?

bump

ReputationRep:
    Some people see different things in different ways. some may feel you're being an idiot and it's not a big deal, but they probably don't value trust and loyalty as much as you. Others may think you're okay to feel like that.

It's up to you to see how you feel about her. No right or wrong way. I'd say to just distance yourself, as otherwise it'll continue to eat away at you.

ReputationRep:
    The answer is obvious, have sex with her dad.

ReputationRep:
    She's no friend of yours!

ReputationRep:
    She shouldnt be in your life

ReputationRep:
    It sounds to me that she deliberately got with the guy knowing full well it would hurt you. Why would a friend intentionally do that? No true friend would, that's for sure, especially if she previously showed no interest in him. That's just nasty. You are well rid.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.