ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    and?

ReputationRep:
    read what the original poster has said.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I did - they worked there for 6 months -didn't mention weeks....

Which previous post?

ReputationRep:
    They are not being paid as she left on the third week not the forth week...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    They should still pay regardless. (at least that was the policy when i worked there).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky_Sheffield)
    With regards to Morrisons/Safeway, then although they are owned by same person(s), then I would go to whoever pays your wages, the name of the store you work in.... However are you claiming for wages when the company changed names, like 10 hours from Safeway, 10 hours Morrions?
    No its to do with two separate pay systems. Morrisons has one system and ex Safeway stores have another. They are completely different and incompatible. We have been promised a streamlined system for 2.5 years and they have not delivered it.

Citizens Advice are probably the best people to give you advice. Send the letter to Hilmore House which is head office
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    sounds typical! You would have thought they would have been streamlined way before now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimber123)
    Its true that it could just be my store, but to be honest i know people who work in other stores who've also had problems concerning pay.
    The woman who does the pay at my store won't give me as such a reason for why im not getting paid, just that as i left in the 3rd week of the month, rather thn the 4th they have the right to void my pay. I just think i shd hav bin told of this before. i worked my week in notice n everything.
    Obviously alot of people hav gd experiences with the store, so im nt trying to put everyone off, just warn people to be on their guard as i know im not the 1st theyv done this too, so i prob wont b the last.
    I've spoken to ACAS who have told me to write it all down ina letter and send it to head office, n hopefully that mite do sumthin, but to be honest, i think i'v just lost all that money which is a little upsetting.
    Tell her if she she doesn't pay you you'll have her killed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky_Sheffield)
    Also big pointer ONLY ONE MONTH HAS FOUR WEEKS, THE REST HAVE JUST UNDER FIVE!!!!!!!!!!
    Becky, me and Kirsty know the lengths of the months, we also know that Morrisons pay on a four weekly basis :rolleyes:

The woman who does the pay at my store won't give me as such a reason for why im not getting paid, just that as i left in the 3rd week of the month, rather thn the 4th they have the right to void my pay.
    Rubbish, complete rubbish. Your pay does not matter depending on what time of the 4 weeks you leave. As long as you work your notice, you are entitled to all the hours owed to you and any outstanding holidays. If you left straightaway you are have a weeks pay and holidays owed to you deducted from your final wage. YOUR HANDBOOK STATES IT CLEARLY.

Regardless of what your personnel manager says YOU ARE OWED MONEY. Please get them to pay you and if not, chase them as far as possible.

Also, check your accounts, today was payday. You might possibly have been paid.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thats what i thought too... If you work your notice they can't void your pay...

ReputationRep:
    No one can, its all complete tosh.
    Tell her if she she doesn't pay you you'll have her killed.
    Why do I feel attracted to your way of thinking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noxid)
    Becky, me and Kirsty know the lengths of the months, we also know that Morrisons pay on a four weekly basis :rolleyes:

Rubbish, complete rubbish. Your pay does not matter depending on what time of the 4 weeks you leave. As long as you work your notice, you are entitled to all the hours owed to you and any outstanding holidays. If you left straightaway you are have a weeks pay and holidays owed to you deducted from your final wage. YOUR HANDBOOK STATES IT CLEARLY.

Regardless of what your personnel manager says YOU ARE OWED MONEY. Please get them to pay you and if not, chase them as far as possible.

Also, check your accounts, today was payday. You might possibly have been paid.

I was saying that the reason she (manager) gave was stupid.....
    So if you dont work your notice you lose your holiday and one week? Jesus!!! Majority of places I have worked have no contracts. Have they decucted this money as 'a reasonable sum for finidng a replacement'? Sounds really bad just because you have quit a job to lose so much money. Ah, hate jobs they suck all the life out of you and continue to do it even when you quit.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I think we had already agreed the manager (personnel) was wrong...

Morrisons wouldn't get away with no contracts. And no its such a large company they will not have deducted it because of that.

ReputationRep:
    All companies should have contracts, but it seems very harsh losing all that money, I assume most supermarkets just pay you your money and give you bad reference.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Doubt it - i got a good reference after leaving morrisons after only 4 weeks, and left them in the middle of peak trading ie christmas.

ReputationRep:
    employers aren't allowed to give bad references out, they'll just refuse to give one in that case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshJames)
    employers aren't allowed to give bad references out, they'll just refuse to give one in that case.
    nothign to stop them - i got a bad reference from my old school for ucas - arsewipes dashed a lot of hope of mine to get into uni despite getting 4A's. I think they hated me because i was lazy and smart:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshJames)
    What nonsense. Employers can give bad references.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    They can - but its a waste of time - gives just the same impression as refusal.

ReputationRep:
    I have heard that they cant give a bad reference, they have to refuse to give one - same thing really.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.