What was the first band or artist you listened to

Announcements

So what was the first band or artist you remember listening to?

ReputationRep:
    I have absolutely no idea bt I was informed that as a very young child there was a certain Shania Twain song I enjoyed =/

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about the very first, but the first metal band I listened to (and liked) was Black Sabbath

ReputationRep:
    Busted! :lol:

Crashed the wedding, year 3000 etc I think. They're the first I remember anyway

Edit: queen too! And REM/guns n roses/random stuff my dad listened to that we liked too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Probably Queen.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 6 I used to listen to a Culture Club tape when I went to sleep :sleep:

ReputationRep:
    Taylor Swift...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I have absolutely no idea bt I was informed that as a very young child there was a certain Shania Twain song I enjoyed =/
    I legit love Shania Twain ♡ Hope she drops her new album soon. It's been too long

ReputationRep:
    First band I listened to were Linkin Park I think.

ReputationRep:
    Rammstein was the first band I really got in to.

ReputationRep:
    REM..... with my Dad

Take That... because I was a pre-teen teeny bopper.

But I think the first cassette I bought was a Kylie Minogue album from Boots.... closely followed by That and Party - also on cassette.

Do you kids even know what cassettes are? :shakecane:

:lol:

First bands I can remember listening too, Moody Blues on the old Vinyl records, Queen and Meat Loaf.

ReputationRep:
    Avenged sevenfold

ReputationRep:
    Aside from my parents music ( marvin gaye, toots and the maytals, Al Green etc ) and the standard Spice Girls etc, I remember having a tape of Cleopatra's album and listening to this song in particular -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb-Ff4piZIg

TUUUUUUUUUUNE :2euk48l:

ReputationRep:
    The Beautiful South on cassette in Mum's Honda Integra which had pop up headlights. She sung so loud over the proper 'Don't Marry Her' lyrics that I didn't know the real words until I was about 16.

ReputationRep:
    Band: My Chemical Romance
    Artist: Natasha Bedingfield

ReputationRep:
    The first band I listened to was probably Linkin Park too. The first artist I listened to is almost definitely Whitney Houston because my mom loved her! RIP Whitney Houston

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Man I feel like a woman? :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    <3 was playing this in the summer and was reminded how old it was cuz the kids in the camp I was volunteering at didn't know it

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
American or British/European: what type of pancakes do you like?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.