UCL mathematics entry requirements

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted A*AB in maths, further maths and physics, however the entry requirements at UCL are A*A*A (I don't plan on doing the STEP paper). Is there any chance I will get an offer? if so, would they ever give an offer lower than what they say on the website? (due to circumstances etc..) I can bump my physics predicted grade up to an A, would that make a huge difference?

ReputationRep:
    You miss the grades by quite a lot, if you can bump up the grade then maybe. But think to yourself if you can really achieve A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binko)
    I'm predicted A*AB in maths, further maths and physics, however the entry requirements at UCL are A*A*A (I don't plan on doing the STEP paper). Is there any chance I will get an offer? if so, would they ever give an offer lower than what they say on the website? (due to circumstances etc..) I can bump my physics predicted grade up to an A, would that make a huge difference?
    They normally expect predicted grades to be around A*AA, although their selection process is flexible enough to take into account mitigating circumstances, where appropriate.

The aforementioned is based on an email I received from the admissions tutor.
    Try to get your physics prediction up to an A. Also consider that the offer rate is 62%

ReputationRep:
    No you need A*A*A predicted grades unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binko)
    Try getting the B up to an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    They normally expect predicted grades to be around A*AA, although their selection process is flexible enough to take into account mitigating circumstances, where appropriate.

The aforementioned is based on an email I received from the admissions tutor.
    Try to get your physics prediction up to an A. Also consider that the offer rate is 62%
    Can you post a screenshot of the email?

ReputationRep:
    A women from the UCL admission team told me that if your grades are below what their requirements are that is a straight rejection. They do not even look at your personal statement or anything else if you do not meet their requirements ;\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRandomGenius)
    Can you post a screenshot of the email?
    No, because it is littered with personal details, but I assure you that was sent. Did they say something different to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    No, because it is littered with personal details, but I assure you that was sent. Did they say something different to you?
    Nah I haven't emailed them about it. Can you quote their reply then please (minus the personal details obviously) and your original questions

It's mainly the 'expect predictions to be around A*AA' thing that I'm curious about - I want to see exactly how they phrased it

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.