Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am currently about to send my application off, I was wondering whether it would be useful to join in some of the groups/chats dedicated to the universities that I am applying to. I know it would be if I had received an offer, but when I haven't is it even worth bothering with?
    I mean I don't want to get a feel for the area/university (I am applying to universities outside of my country) and the people and then not get an offer, but then I also think it might be a good way of finding out about the area and other people's thoughts on the uni and the course which would be a bonus. What are your thoughts?
    Although, from what I have seen of some screenshots from university freshers Facebook pages perhaps it might not be worth doing even if I DO get to go to that university.

ReputationRep:
    Cx

ReputationRep:
    I'd join them-I've already joined a group for my top choice uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't do any harm to join them... But I'd advise that you don't take them too seriously because you won't get much useful information from them, they're unlikely to give you an authentic 'feel' of the uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaCx)
    I am currently about to send my application off, I was wondering whether it would be useful to join in some of the groups/chats dedicated to the universities that I am applying to. I know it would be if I had received an offer, but when I haven't is it even worth bothering with?
    I mean I don't want to get a feel for the area/university (I am applying to universities outside of my country) and the people and then not get an offer, but then I also think it might be a good way of finding out about the area and other people's thoughts on the uni and the course which would be a bonus. What are your thoughts?
    Although, from what I have seen of some screenshots from university freshers Facebook pages perhaps it might not be worth doing even if I DO get to go to that university.
    At this early stage most freshers facebook pages are just spammed my club promoters and others trying to sell things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    At this early stage most freshers facebook pages are just spammed my club promoters and others trying to sell things
    See that's what I was thinking, but then I seen people promoting the Facebook groups and stuff so I thought that maybe I had been wrong there. Eh I might just wait until I hear back then.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaCx)
    100% yes, I've made some awesome friends through those groups.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.