Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xWishbonex)

Where did i say i was embarassed about my weight!?
    Its not even about whether im embarassed im just saying how insensitive some people can be about things like that, thats all.

See,
    It's like another person assuming that its a cry for attention when its not even that

You didn't say you're embarassed, you ARE embarassed because you won't tell anyone, dodging it by saying you're 2 stone underweight. If you're 2 stone underweight from the lower end of normal and you're not very tall you may look extremely gaunt and you may be endangering your health. Telling us your weight would clear that up.

ReputationRep:

Wouldn't it be just best not to comment on it at all if they arn't bothering you with their situation though?
    I don't think so, no.

If someone's destroying their health for imo moronic reasons I'll make comments about it and so will other people. Equally, if I'm doing something stupid I won't complain about others making comments about it.

That's all assuming the actions (in this case becoming underweight) are caused by peer pressure/insecurity etc. rather than medical conditions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Can I ask: why do you seem to actively keep yourself underweight?

I don't know really, it's like a routine.
    Like i said before i was a big girl, i used to weigh about i dunno, 12-13 stone and for my height that was causing a bit of hell for my "ego" so i decided to go all out and shed and yes, i am almost 7stone now as oppose to what i apparantly should be at 9.5 BUT as i said before i feel perfectly healthy. But because it was a heavy routine i guess i dunno, i just keep going, lol being a n00b on here i really didnt expect people to get so deep into things like this O_o
    I appreciate what you're saying i really really do but i didnt like want this to become a thread focused on me appearing to be a crazy weight person, i was just looking at attitudesssssssssss >_< don't shoot me

ReputationRep:
    are you 5'10?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

I don't know really, it's like a routine.
    Like i said before i was a big girl, i used to weigh about i dunno, 12-13 stone and for my height that was causing a bit of hell for my "ego" so i decided to go all out and shed and yes, i am almost 7stone now as oppose to what i apparantly should be at 9.5 BUT as i said before i feel perfectly healthy. But because it was a heavy routine i guess i dunno, i just keep going, lol being a n00b on here i really didnt expect people to get so deep into things like this O_o
    I appreciate what you're saying i really really do but i didnt like want this to become a thread focused on me appearing to be a crazy weight person, i was just looking at attitudesssssssssss >_< don't shoot me

Heh, no one's shooting you. But you have to appreciate that if you come onto a forum and say "I'm underweight, I don't like people taking the piss", people are going to say "hold on, taking the piss is mean but being underweight could end up killing you". I hope for your sake you're not still losing weight, and my genuine, honest advice would be to eat more. If you're concerned about your figure, eat more and exercise more. Feeling healthy is great, but I once knew a guy in my school who was an almost Olympic standard runner who obviously felt healthy and was obviously fairly underweight. Suddenly one day his lung collapsed. He was wheeled off to hospickle, they worked their magic and he was fine again within six weeks... then, couple of months later, it collapsed again. I don't know how many times it's done that since, but it was because he pushes himself too hard. He was exhausting himself.

Now, don't let people push you around if you genuinely want to be 7 stone, but I can't think of any reason I would intentionally endanger my own health like that. You run the exact same risks as any anorexic, just less so, but steadily increasing the lighter you get - and anorexia kills around 10% of its sufferers. Be careful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HenvY)
    are you 5'10?

Good gracious no, 5ft6!, 7 stone 3 ishabouts last time i checked so see it's really not that bad lol good graaaaaaacious! Shud i be 9.5 or was someone lying to me and i shud be less?
    I think if i was 5ft10 id be missbone not wishbone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Heh, no one's shooting you. But you have to appreciate that if you come onto a forum and say "I'm underweight, I don't like people taking the piss", people are going to say "hold on, taking the piss is mean but being underweight could end up killing you". I hope for your sake you're not still losing weight, and my genuine, honest advice would be to eat more. If you're concerned about your figure, eat more and exercise more. Feeling healthy is great, but I once knew a guy in my school who was an almost Olympic standard runner who obviously felt healthy and was obviously fairly underweight. Suddenly one day his lung collapsed. He was wheeled off to hospickle, they worked their magic and he was fine again within six weeks... then, couple of months later, it collapsed again. I don't know how many times it's done that since, but it was because he pushes himself too hard. He was exhausting himself.

Now, don't let people push you around if you genuinely want to be 7 stone, but I can't think of any reason I would intentionally endanger my own health like that. You run the exact same risks as any anorexic, just less so, but steadily increasing the lighter you get - and anorexia kills around 10% of its sufferers. Be careful.

I like you, in an "im a lil scared about the way you say things, but in a good way" ^^
    I wish to the maximum i hadn't put i was underweight lol that's the main silly cause of some of this talk huh. Okies i gotchaaa ta, it's been enlightening though totally even if the whole thing felt like it kinda blew out of proportion there

ReputationRep:
    I can't take anyone who writes in this forum in pink seriously

no offence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loz_fairy)
    I can't take anyone who writes in this forum in pink seriously

no offence

Sozzz

ReputationRep:

I like you, in an "im a lil scared about the way you say things, but in a good way" ^^
    I wish to the maximum i hadn't put i was underweight lol that's the main silly cause of some of this talk huh. Okies i gotchaaa ta, it's been enlightening though totally even if the whole thing felt like it kinda blew out of proportion there

The fact that you're underweight appears to be the reason for your whole problem though, you're asking why people are commenting on what sounds like an unhealthily thin appearance :confused: People are simply saying that if you look emaciated people will comment on it. I agree that it's rude and unkind if that is your natural build but it isn't, as you're keeping yourself at an unhealthily low weight. What response were you hoping for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angrybanana)
    I agree that it's rude and unkind if that is your natural build but it isn't, as you're keeping yourself at an unhealthily low weight. What response were you hoping for?

None really to be honest lol.

ReputationRep:
    Overeating or undereating is not in my view a cry of "look at me look at me! i want attention"
    Regardless, this thread certainly is.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Good gracious no, 5ft6!, 7 stone 3 ishabouts last time i checked so see it's really not that bad lol good graaaaaaacious! Shud i be 9.5 or was someone lying to me and i shud be less?
    I think if i was 5ft10 id be missbone not wishbone.
    ive just looked at your profile something about your posts gave me a thought and seeing confirmed it, your a pop princess with your myspace angles, overly excessive makeup, your (guessing) fake blonde hair the teddy and the "i luffs pretty stuff"

If you turned round and said your role models and idols were paris hilton, victoria beckham and jordan i wouldnt be at all suprised. I know "pop princesses" and every single one is obsessed with thier wieght, calorie countin thier way into an early grave. They are nothing but sticky out bones and push up bras and waaaaaaaaaaay(to quote you) to much makeup. I used to make remarks especially to one girl because she was such a sweet thing and she was making herself ill.

Why dont you do some research yourself into healthy wieghts, but being 2 stone underwieght is approaching a problem. If you are fit and healthy even if you are that much underwieght then fine thats not a problem. But your approaching borderline health risk.

Oh and ten stone at five foot six i would not say you were a big girl and niether would most people

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...alweight_w.htm

according to the image there being 10stone at 5'6" is right on the tip of ideal wieght being 7 at the same hieght is way wrong. Of course online BMI indicators have flaws becasue they dont take into account muscle tone

You get annoyed by the remarks, maybe you should listen to them when they come from your friends, as was said chances are they are worried about you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)
    ive just looked at your profile something about your posts gave me a thought and seeing confirmed it, your a pop princess with your myspace angles, overly excessive makeup, your (guessing) fake blonde hair the teddy and the "i love pretty stuff"

If you turned round and said your role models and idols were paris hilton, victoria beckham and jordan i wouldnt be at all suprised. I know "pop princesses" and every single one is obsessed with thier wieght, calorie countin thier way into an early grave. They are nothing but sticky out bones and push up bras and waaaaaaaaaaay(to quote you) to much makeup. I used to make remarks especially to one girl because she was such a sweet thing and she was making herself ill.

Why dont you do some research yourself into healthy wieghts, but being 2 stone underwieght is approaching a problem. If you are fit and healthy even if you are that much underwieght then fine thats not a problem. But your approaching borderline health risk.

Oh and ten stone at five foot six i would not say you were a big girl and niether would most people

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...alweight_w.htm

according to the image there being 10stone at 5'6" is right on the tip of ideal wieght being 7 at the same hieght is way wrong. Of course online BMI indicators have flaws becasue they dont take into account muscle tone

You get annoyed by the remarks, maybe you should listen to them when they come from your friends, as was said chances are they are worried about you

....I'm getting steriotyped >_>
    It's really annoying how people can take a disliking to someone "just like that". I take it pretty seriously that i never do that to people O_o
    I need to "notepad" stuff before i actually write things to avoid some comments don't i really >_>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cushti)
    Regardless, this thread certainly is.

:rolleyes:

There we go again O_o
    No wonder people develop mental issues when people think ure saying stuff to get noticed.

ReputationRep:

....I'm getting steriotyped >_>
    It's really annoying how people can take a disliking to someone "just like that". I take it pretty seriously that i never do that to people O_o
    I need to "notepad" stuff before i actually write things to avoid some comments don't i really >_>

i never said i didnt like you, i dont know you, im frankly indifferent toward you but that doesnt mean i wont try to help.

Your words, actions and profile fit the sterotype i didnt place you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)
    i never said i didnt like you, i dont know you, im frankly indifferent toward you but that doesnt mean i wont try to help.

Your words, actions and profile fit the sterotype i didnt place you there

Kk it's just the way you said stuff hit me like a lead sack of anti-"me". I'm not all paris and victoria for example i'd like to see how they faired against me at games such as Counterstrike, BF2 and other FPS's, RTS's ++++++genres whatevers.
    Like we have somthing in common for example martial arts! You like martial arts, so do i because its a pretty huge part of my life, but just cuz ive got blonde hair, angles and teddies don't be indifferent huh ^^?

ReputationRep:

Like we have somthing in common for example martial arts! You like martial arts, so do i because its a pretty huge part of my life, but just cuz ive got blonde hair, angles and teddies don't be indifferent huh ^^?
    tell ya what. do you play DOW il give you bash at that sometime? though i havent played it for ages. Or if youve got a spare straight 48 hours how about a campaign of war of the ring? Or C&C

ReputationRep:

None really to be honest lol.

I meant what response to the thread were you hoping for? You're upset by a comment someone made about your self-inflicted thinness. That goes with the territory if you look very underweight. If they upset you that much you can put on weight. If you'd rather be very thin then just ignore the coments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angrybanana)
    I meant what response to the thread were you hoping for? You're upset by a comment someone made about your self-inflicted thinness. That goes with the territory if you look very underweight. If they upset you that much you can put on weight. If you'd rather be very thin then just ignore the coments.

Ohh i get you.
    Hey i understand what you're saying yeh specially the last bit about ignoring the comments, but i meant to like, "speak in general terms" as oppose to personally more but i can see how i've come across totally wrong.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.