Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesyBeans)
    Not really, depends on who you are, you height, weight etc. When I was a size 12 I was just fat and overweight. There are plenty of tall girls with legs up to their armpits who are lovely at a size 12.
    I'm a 10 on top, 10/12 on the bottom and I'm 5'8", and I'd hate to be much skinnier than I am now because I used to be quite skinny, but in the last two years my body seems to have changed, I've got hips and a booty and boobs, it's like a weird late puberty :p: . I get what you mean though, because my friend is a 12/14 and she admits she's overweight (not fat, but kinda... if you get me) but then she's really short.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have a mate who's 6ft3 but a size 14 - she's underweight though, by a couple pounds. She physically couldnt be any smaller a dress size because of her hip bones which jut out as it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tetrahydrocannabinol.)
    Yeah, isn't a size 12 meant to be 'curvy' now?
    Lol exactly, you can see why I felt the need to post a thread about it in fashion and beauty can't you? And I hate trash magazines because they promote the very culture they claim to be against. They put skinny celebs on the cover saying "Fears for super-skinny so and so" but any woman of a normal weight (not fat, just normal) is put on the cover with the headline "pregnant?" which must make them and everyone else the same size feel great :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of whether people should be making remarks about someone's weight, if someone does have an eating disorder then "eat a ****ing burger" is one of the worst things you can say...

ReputationRep:
    The

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.