Turn on thread page Beta

How did you discover the wonders of TSR? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Someone on a forum for Finns who study/are going to study in the UK posted a link.

ReputationRep:
    Found out about TSR from another forum.

ReputationRep:
    I was trying to find advice to help me with my AS biology coursework last year and came across this in google.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I think I was just bored one day and googled 'Student Forum'. How boring.
    :ditto:
    and i was getting really fed up with all the mind-less drivel on mykindaplace.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I think I was just bored one day and googled 'Student Forum'. How boring.
    Exactly the same for me. Capitalised S and F even :p:

ReputationRep:
    I was advised to 'have a look' by Crimson Black. Haven't regretted it for a moment!

ReputationRep:
    my gf introduced me to it, two years later im still here and she never bother with it anymore

ReputationRep:
    I really can't remember how I found it, but I do remember I joined when the name was still UKLearning.net !

ReputationRep:
    google search for "spam palace"
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Car Expert)
    Found out about TSR from another forum.
    Ditto (and quite possibly the same one? :p:)
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I saw the site mentioned on another forum - asking if anyone used TSR. About 6 months later I rememebred TSR when needing some studenty help myself, so came and found the site again. Been here ever since.

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember, I think it was around results day when I was in Year 10. Lurked for a while and then registered on Sept 2005.

ReputationRep:
    Serendipity, it appeared out of nowhere like some ancient lost city buried in the depths of the Amazon. Seriously, I just stumbled on it by accident, I was looking at a list of the top hundred web sites by users/posts and it just happened to catch my eye, and the rest is history.

ReputationRep:
    Through google. I was searching for student forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reverie.)
    Ditto (and quite possibly the same one? :p:)
    Possibly ;yes; :p:

ReputationRep:
    i was searching for some help with my psychology coursework.. lol..

ReputationRep:
    A friend linked me to a thread where somebody had been tricked into buying tatties instead of a laptop (terribly sorry if you are reading this) but it was rather amusing (i'm a bad person, it's like when you see people in cars going in the opposite direction in a traffic jam, sick enjoyment, apologies again) and then I stuck around

ReputationRep:
    When I was googling the music AS harmony coursework, 2 years ago - I never left! Lol.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends mentioned it and I googled it later

ReputationRep:
    Googled something. Can't remember what though.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.