Muslim Girls: What did you think of #NoHijabDay on twitter?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts?
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/nohijabday

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad, could use more dragons though.

ReputationRep:
    lmao people say the hijab is oppression (even though most girls choose to wear it themselves) yet society oppresses women making them feel like they cant wear what they choose to by coming out with no hijab days.

ReputationRep:
    Dumb **** in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    Not too bad, could use more dragons though.

ReputationRep:
    looool what the hell how can you just take it off for one day m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    Ah yes, your infamous reply that I was expecting. You did not disappoint, well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medhelp)
    looool what the hell how can you just take it off for one day m8
    To be in solidarity for women who feel 'opressed for wearing hijab'
    I got this from various twitter users who participated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    Ah yes, your infamous reply that I was expecting. You did not disappoint, well done.
    :kiss: Ofcourse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    To be in solidarity for women who feel 'opressed for wearing hijab'
    I got this from various twitter users who participated.
    I don't understand how that helps lol that's just violating yourself
    The women who feel oppressed can take off their own hijab

lol those who participated just wanted to upload their bomb-ass non hijab selfies that they couldn't attention seek with before

ReputationRep:
    attention seeking at its finest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    lmao people say the hijab is oppression (even though most girls choose to wear it themselves) (1) yet society oppresses women making them feel like they cant wear what they choose to by coming out with no hijab days (2).
    1. The Hijab is a symbol of female oppression, as the rationale behind its introduction in Islam, is, essentially, sexist. Saying that women should be modest, and men do not have to be to that extent, is sexist.
    2. I wouldn't call that oppression, few people are suggesting that one should not wear the hijab if they want to.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the tweets under that hashtag, it doesn't look like it's forceful, (in fact: I'll say it's not) like many are implying. It seems people are simply dismissing criticism.

In fact, most people tweeting under the hashtag, are in opposition of the hashtag.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    ****ing ridiculous
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Dumb **** in my opinion
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Makes no sense to expect Muslim women to join in on this, if wearing a Hijab is a requirement then why on earth would a woman that considers herself Muslim want to embrace something that goes against it?

it's one thing to not wear one and potentially sin, its another to celebrate the fact you're going against it. Pretty much saying **** you to the religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Why?
    If anything, it's a brave move to wear a hijab in this country, given how people judge and look at you. I don't see why encouraging people to take it off is helpful in any way. It's their right to wear it and should do if they want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    1. The Hijab is a symbol of female oppression, as the rationale behind its introduction in Islam, is, essentially, sexist. Saying that women should be modest, and men do not have to be, is sexist.
    2. I wouldn't call that oppression, few people are suggesting that one should not wear the hijab if they want to.
    False. Men also need to be modest.

ReputationRep:
    Embarrassing and shameful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    1. The Hijab is a symbol of female oppression, as the rationale behind its introduction in Islam, is, essentially, sexist. Saying that women should be modest, and men do not have to be, is sexist.
    Men also have rules such as no shorts that show above the knees, can't wear women stuff like women jewellery aswell, and I read that its haram to wear something that promotes vanity. Look at the cultures what males wear in Saudi Arabia they are also pretty much covering hair and the clothes aren't tight etc.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.