The Student Room Group

what is the difference between aerospace and aerospace system engineering

I tried looking for aerospace engineering courses at different university and came across one saying
BEng (Hons) Aerospace Systems Engineering with Pilot Studies with Optional Sandwich Placement/ Study Abroad BEng (Hons)

what does the aerospace systems engineering mean it is the same as aerospace engineering

can someone please tell me
Reply 1
Original post by Shadowfire123
I tried looking for aerospace engineering courses at different university and came across one saying
BEng (Hons) Aerospace Systems Engineering with Pilot Studies with Optional Sandwich Placement/ Study Abroad BEng (Hons)

what does the aerospace systems engineering mean it is the same as aerospace engineering

Course titles don't necissarily tell you very much. You need to look at the detailed course informatio/modules and compare with other courses you are interested in.

As I said in my reply to your other thread, if it's accredited by RAeS then it's "aerospace engineering".
Original post by Shadowfire123

Hey,As jneill pointed out, the course name is just a course name - they're always going to be broad to a certain extent, and you should still have scope for doing various classes throughout your degree. To get the best idea of the differences, look into the specific content.As for some general insight, Aerospace Systems will typically involve the control/software/robotics/etc aspects relevant with aircraft and spacecraft. I have friends taking it where they have a curriculum which somewhat verges on Electrical Engineering. Aerospace should still cover some systems, but in less quantity. But only course content can really tell you if this is the case. ScottUndergraduate RepSchool of Engineering
Original post by Doones
Course titles don't necissarily tell you very much. You need to look at the detailed course informatio/modules and compare with other courses you are interested in.

As I said in my reply to your other thread, if it's accredited by RAeS then it's
So does this mean the course is the exact same as another aerospace engineering course.

I am looking at the Coventry Uni one and am unsure if it is a standard aerospace engineering course.

Quick Reply

Latest