Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im a 13 year old boy and very tired and lazy feeling all the time. i can't be bovverd to do anything, not go out or play footie with my mates - all i do is sit and watch tv - mum thinks i'm just a lazy teenage - whats wrong with me?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps this should be in the Health section...

What's wrong with you? Go out!!! Seriously, you're tired because you're not getting enough fresh air. Go out running, play football, for a walk, anything which isn't inside!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattboy7)
    Im a 13 year old boy and very tired and lazy feeling all the time. i can't be bovverd to do anything, not go out or play footie with my mates - all i do is sit and watch tv - mum thinks i'm just a lazy teenage - whats wrong with me?
    No thirteen-year-old boy would call himself a boy... would you? And you've mentioned your mum in your very first post? You're very odd indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesard)
    No thirteen-year-old boy would call himself a boy... would you? And you've mentioned your mum in your very first post? You're very odd indeed.
    haha. come on, this guy needs help and thats what he came for in this forum i bet... but yeah you got the same sickness as me i feel i get tired so easily, its your body not used to being active or maybe the food you eat... go get some "healthy tips".

ReputationRep:
    ??

ReputationRep:
    weather induction...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richy_Boi)
    ??
    I second that.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Probably hormonal - Just get yourself out of the house, watching TV just makes you feel tired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    Probably hormonal - Just get yourself out of the house, watching TV just makes you feel tired.
    hormonal?

ReputationRep:
    errrrrr your mum is a wise women.

ReputationRep:
    *raises eyebrow* ok give him a break?

ReputationRep:
    u cud be anaemic which is caused by iron deficiency, symptoms include bein really tired and lazy all the time, so go get a blood test!!

ReputationRep:
    What the hell are you rambling about?

ReputationRep:
    Tired? Get some sleep.
    Lazy? Get off your ass and do something.

Hehe. I can sometimes be lazy and tired too. But what you need is motivation. If you don't want to play football with your friends then it's obvious that it doesn't motivate you. Think of what you want to do and then DO it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F4R4H)
    u cud be anaemic
    There's also cancer.........

ReputationRep:
    It's very likely to be your diet. If I go a few days without eating anything green, as it were (fruit, veg etc.) I become lethargic, sleepy, bloated and generally feel bad.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore most of them replies they are crap, apart from the ones actually giving advice, its probably just a phase your going through, have you always been like this? Ive been through weeks where im just bored/lazy lathargic and tired but it passes. If you don't have the energy the best thing to do is rest, lie down for a while maybe read a book and then get up and if you feel like it go for a walk outside or play football. It is a big change for your body believe it or not to suddenly go from a routine of being at school all day everyday to suddenly having nothing to do all day.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by iCeCream)
    hormonal?
    Yes - in the sense i think you find a lot of people go through this phase. (at this time of your life theres usually quite a lot of changes in terms of hormones) I'll just put it down to being a teenager, however it may help if you forced yourself into some form of exercise - this will raise metabolic rate and may make you feel better.

ReputationRep:
    LOL @ all the wild diagnosis'...

He might have a tumour, cancer, disease, virus... see where I'm going?

Anyway, I myself will take a guess, but make it reasonable, and say hormonal. Get some exercise.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.