Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know any details? I know the dates and where we depart from and where we are going but nothing else.

I need to know:

The price
    The itinerary (so I know what to take)
    Any additional info.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to study Geog with Geol at Man starting Sept providing I get ABC.
    I've been on a few visits to Manchester and i'm certain that the University pay for all field trips (you will need money for food etc though) Have you checked the website www.seaes.co.uk. (school of earth and environmental sciences) I'm sure that you will find out more information on there

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about that! the correct website address is www.seaes.manchester.ac.uk. The other address is for south kent electrics i think. lol

ReputationRep:
    You should get the letter soon, I got the letters like last month with unconditional offer. If you don't get them contact the dept and ask them because it's pretty useful.

Basically it's £85 and you need to take warm outdoor clothes, waterproofs, walking boots, clothing for 3 nights, soap and towels, sleeping bag, money, pens, pencils, ruler, calculator, notebook, medication.

The place is Keswick is Newlands Adventure centre - 01768778463.

The itinerary is in like this booklet i just got today it's pretty detailed, theres a lot of studies and research etc. Some talks and stuff in the evenings.

Can give more info if needed, but i would contact the department.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emit.)
    You should get the letter soon, I got the letters like last month with unconditional offer. If you don't get them contact the dept and ask them because it's pretty useful.

Basically it's £85 and you need to take warm outdoor clothes, waterproofs, walking boots, clothing for 3 nights, soap and towels, sleeping bag, money, pens, pencils, ruler, calculator, notebook, medication.

The place is Keswick is Newlands Adventure centre - 01768778463.

The itinerary is in like this booklet i just got today it's pretty detailed, theres a lot of studies and research etc. Some talks and stuff in the evenings.

Can give more info if needed, but i would contact the department.
    Cheers I've got the letter now. just wanted to know itenarary mainly so I don't take a load of stuff I don't need! I'm really looking forward to it actually

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I think I'm possibly going, if I can sort out everything in time. Clearing does leave a lot to be desired ha.

I'm looking forward to it too, but does anyone know where I can get a sleeping bag from? (Cheap )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnie5)
    I'm hoping to study Geog with Geol at Man starting Sept providing I get ABC.
    I've been on a few visits to Manchester and i'm certain that the University pay for all field trips (you will need money for food etc though) Have you checked the website www.seaes.co.uk. (school of earth and environmental sciences) I'm sure that you will find out more information on there
    Im on that course.

ReputationRep:
    hey ill be joining you all too, got to come up on the 12th to leave stuff in halls, anyone else staying in whitworth park , aberdeen house?

ReputationRep:
    i'm in whitworth. i'm not sure whether it's worth coming up on the 12th? might just have an early morning on the 13th and dump everything.

ReputationRep:
    im coming up on the 12th to aberdeen house, whitworth park to put stuff in room as from far away , then go on the trip the next day, but i supose if u dont live far away u cud always just go up on the 13th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebbie)
    im coming up on the 12th to aberdeen house, whitworth park to put stuff in room as from far away , then go on the trip the next day, but i supose if u dont live far away u cud always just go up on the 13th?
    hey sorry this post was by the WRONG LOG IN NAME it was actually from ROXYLIFE99,

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming! Gotta get hold of my halls to try and dump stuff early! see you there

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 31, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.