Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am asian (indian) and really want to get some coloured contacts. so i went to the optician and got a sample, which was turquoise. when i tried them on, they didnt really match my complexion or features too well...can anyone suggest which colours from the freshlook range would suit indian complexion (my skin is quite fair, but tanned golden brown atm , and i want to make at least a bit of a difference to my nearly black eye colour. i was thinkin maybe gray or green?
    thanks
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellooooo)
    i am asian (indian) and really want to get some coloured contacts. so i went to the optician and got a sample, which was turquoise. when i tried them on, they didnt really match my complexion or features too well...can anyone suggest which colours from the freshlook range would suit indian complexion (my skin is quite fair, but tanned golden brown atm , and i want to make at least a bit of a difference to my nearly black eye colour. i was thinkin maybe gray or green?
    thanks
    xxx
    I'm in a similar position to you, i'm half asian and half english but have a tan complexion and like you I would like a change but can't find the right colour for my eyes...But what I think we could do, is try most colours and see what really does suit?

I guess I'll wait until someone knows .

ReputationRep:
    i wish they gave out more free trials lol specsavers were so stingy n wud only give me one! and its not like i can use the trial pair for actual wear or anything cos it has demo written across it, so i dont see what their problem is! xxx

ReputationRep:
    http://www.freshlookcontacts.com/collection.shtml

maybe try using this. tbh, it doesnt work, these pix make all colours suit each face.

I've just ordered some 'radiance moonlight'

p.s. i have dark brown eyes too, did the colour look wuite bright on urs?! x

ReputationRep:
    I think green would look really good.

I'd suggest taking a digital photo of yourself, and if you have some photo editing software like Paintshop pro, Photoshop/elements, then you can select the colour in your eye and play around with hue and saturation to see which colours best suit your complexion,

then you can go and look at contact lenses which are similar to the colours that suit your complexion.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.