-oof-
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
We had an essay for GCSE English Literature on Pride and Prejudice. I wrote it all out on google documents which autosaves changes and I accidentally deleted my whole essay before closing it (I have no idea how) so I ended up having to rush it in about 40 minutes the night before. Once I read my essay through I knew it was terrible but I had no time to redo it before I handed it in. Unsurprisingly, I got 17/36 which is a level 3/9, making this 25% under the worst mark I've ever gotten on an assessment before I handed it in.

This essay wasn't worth anything in terms of external exams but will definitely negatively impact my report. To make matters worse, this was the first assessment of the year with a new English teacher who will teach me my entire GCSEs and I was too shy to tell her about the technical issues.

I haven't been asked to rewrite my essay but I know I could easily get 34/36 if I spent the allocated amount of time on it. Should I rewrite it anyway and hand it in with an explanation?

Note: I'm getting really stressed out about this grade and don't want to tell my parents. I've not been able to concentrate in other lessons because of this.
trabajadora
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by disconnectable)
We had an essay for GCSE English Literature on Pride and Prejudice. I wrote it all out on google documents which autosaves changes and I accidentally deleted my whole essay before closing it (I have no idea how) so I ended up having to rush it in about 40 minutes the night before. Once I read my essay through I knew it was terrible but I had no time to redo it before I handed it in. Unsurprisingly, I got 17/36 which is a level 3/9, making this 25% under the worst mark I've ever gotten on an assessment before I handed it in.

This essay wasn't worth anything in terms of external exams but will definitely negatively impact my report. To make matters worse, this was the first assessment of the year with a new English teacher who will teach me my entire GCSEs and I was too shy to tell her about the technical issues.

I haven't been asked to rewrite my essay but I know I could easily get 34/36 if I spent the allocated amount of time on it. Should I rewrite it anyway and hand it in with an explanation?

Note: I'm getting really stressed out about this grade and don't want to tell my parents. I've not been able to concentrate in other lessons because of this.
Definitely redo it if you know you're able to do better. Don't be scared to tell your teacher about the technical issues. I'm sure they'll understand

Good luck!
-oof-
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by trabajadora)
Definitely redo it if you know you're able to do better. Don't be scared to tell your teacher about the technical issues. I'm sure they'll understand

Good luck!
Thank you I'll probably end up doing it over half term so that I have time to work on it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
9.68%
I need help researching courses (2)
6.45%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
9.68%
I need help with my personal statement (14)
45.16%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (6)
19.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
3.23%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
6.45%

Watched Threads