Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Should I move? Watch

Hello everyone,

I have been in uni for a few weeks and I am desperate and lonely. I am having a really difficult time making friends at uni. It is also the same situation with my flatmates too. I moved in a week later so the other girls had time to know each other and they bond really quickly. On my first day here I didn't have any chance to talk with them as I had to buy all the stuff I needed and I was tired after that. I tried to chat with them on the second day , but it was just awkward and I felt uncomfortable.Plus I am an EU student , which make things more difficult for me as they always speak very fast. Afterward, I didn't talk to them much and vice-versa , as they were always together or in their room or in uni. Still now when we see each other we just say Hi . They always have dinner together and make plans to go out without considering me. It like I don't live in the flat . It has arrived at a point I am feeling really uncomfortable in the flat and lonely. I just go out sometimes just not to stay in my room all day. I want to move but I'm not sure as the only ensuite flat available is more expensive than the one I am in now and I have also read bad reviews about it.
    Sorry for the long thread , but I need an advice. And if any of you are or was in my situation , how did you deal/dealt with it?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.