what does a 4 on the sides, scissor cut on top look like?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    i usually just get a scissor cut all over but is there difference

ReputationRep:
    A bit longer than mine
    But yeah it's relatively short, not too short though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    A bit longer than mine
    But yeah it's relatively short, not too short though.
    i kind of just want a tidy up as my hair usually gets quite thick do you reckon a scissor cut with style would be best way to go or is a 4 not that short

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool2044)
    i kind of just want a tidy up as my hair usually gets quite thick do you reckon a scissor cut with style would be best way to go or is a 4 not that short
    Yeah I know what you mean there, I do the same.
    Well I have a 3 on the back and sides with scissors on top and it's a good length!
    Short but not too short.
    My hair also gets thick.
    But try a 4 first and see if it's too long. You can always go shorter next time!

ReputationRep:
    I used to get that cut as a way to try have short hair without having to go all out. Now I get it even shorter and i much prefer it. Just ask for 4 back and sides, tapered in at the back, and thinned right out on top. You wont regret it!

ReputationRep:
    Lol I got exactly that last time I cut my hair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ok cheers guys much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulse.)
    Lol I got exactly that last time I cut my hair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how was it would you have it again

ReputationRep:
    i get a 2 on the sides, trust me its better cos a 4 doesnt even look fresh at all

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the guy above. 4 really isn't that short and will grow back before you know it. I get 2 on the sides and scissored on top; very easy to look after and lasts longer than a 4.

ReputationRep:
    I have the sort of hair that looks awful long. So have to have 1 on the sides.

ReputationRep:
    i might ask for a 3 and then see how it looks and tell the barber, what is a scissor cut on the sides usually like in comparison to a number? just need something to go off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool2044)
    how was it would you have it again
    I definitely would. It's nothing special really but I needed to cut my hair and wanted a shorter more tidy version of what I had. If that makes any sense at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.