Is it normal not to be able to sleep hugging your girlfriend?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

My BF says he can't sleep hugging me because it's uncomfortable for him as he gets too turned on so has to sleep the other way :s idk whether I should be flattered or offended by this

ReputationRep:
    i don't think that you should look too deeply at this cause it is uncomfortable to have your hands under someone while you are trying to sleep-it means that you can't move freely when you are sleeping. So, i don't think that you should worry abut it or be offended but flattered because at least he is actually telling you what's going on/why he does not spoon you (i think that's what its called) whilst your asleep. I think that you should try doing that to him yourself them you can get it.

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree with your boyfriend on this one. When I sleep with my girlfriend (on few occasions as we both live with our parents still), it is very awkward to find a comfy position (especially if your girlfriend has long hair) and then idk about yourself but my girlfriend usually wears a nighty and so it can make me turned on which once again makes the whole position situation worse as it's usually uncomfortable.

What me and my girlfriend do is hug etc then at a reasonable time say goodnight and role over/get comfy ourselves...that way you have the best of both worlds!

ReputationRep:
    you should be flattered.

ReputationRep:
    Not had a girlfriend but I feel the same when I'm sleeping with someone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    lol children boys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    lol children boys
    ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's normal. At least, I'm a girl and don't find it easy to sleep while cuddled up with a guy. In the same bed yes but numb limbs and inability to move is uncomfortable. Plus how hot it can get can be a bit much sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    This is such a stupid post just go the **** to sleep and don't think about such menial things.

ReputationRep:
    we get aroused too when we try to sleep next to our partners that we love/fancy we just don't have a measuring stick to evidence it. Let her spoon you if you're worried about pocking her having said all that I have to be extra extra comfortable with someone to fall asleep cuddling or in the same bed as someone irrespective of whether I find them 'arousing' or not

ReputationRep:
    I hate my boyfriend touching any part of me when trying to sleep - it is so uncomfortable and I like to be able to move freely

ReputationRep:
    Are you particularly sweaty or something? Is it that?

Only kidding - it's perfectly normal not to want to go to sleep clutching a hot human being! Don't take it personally.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.