The Student Room Group

EPQ help

So I'm doing my EPQ on the benefits of financial aid from MEDC's to LEDC's and i want to do some experiments/primary research that won't mean that I am just sat stuck writing up to 5000 words. So does anyone of you lovely people have any ideas?
...I already plan to do an interview and questionnaire but everybody does that.
Reply 1
anybody :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:
Reply 2
Original post by QueenVic
So I'm doing my EPQ on the benefits of financial aid from MEDC's to LEDC's and i want to do some experiments/primary research that won't mean that I am just sat stuck writing up to 5000 words. So does anyone of you lovely people have any ideas?
...I already plan to do an interview and questionnaire but everybody does that.

I am not sure if I have understood your question right. But one way you could approach this project is to ask people who donate whether the financial status of the country determines how much they give. For example, did the charity fund raise explicitly with the intention of sending money to country X? If the charity does not mention the country where aid is donated where do people think their money is going? Does this correlate with their money actually goes?

Alternatively, you could see whether there is a correlation between the amount of money the Department for International Development spends and the development index of the country. Are there discrepancies where money is invested in relatively developed countries? Are there any reasons why this might be the case?
Reply 3
Hey thank you for the reply
Original post by evantej
I am not sure if I have understood your question right. But one way you could approach this project is to ask people who donate whether the financial status of the country determines how much they give. For example, did the charity fund raise explicitly with the intention of sending money to country X? If the charity does not mention the country where aid is donated where do people think their money is going? Does this correlate with their money actually goes?

Alternatively, you could see whether there is a correlation between the amount of money the Department for International Development spends and the development index of the country. Are there discrepancies where money is invested in relatively developed countries? Are there any reasons why this might be the case?

Quick Reply

Latest