Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Thread Starter

    Hello, I came to UK from another EU country to study in 2012 September. I studied for one year and then changed my degree and began studying again in 2013 September. After two years of study I took gap year and worked for a full year. This September I am back to university for my final 3rd year. So basically it is my fifth year in UK. Can I finally get student loan and grant? Can I somehow apply for residency or something similar?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

    Unfortuantely not. The rules regarding residency state the 5 years to get a loan have to be before the start of the academic year and not part way through your course.
Submit reply
TSR Support Team
Updated: October 19, 2016
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.