The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

University of Stirling Applicants 2017

This thread is a general discussion area for anyone applying to the University of Stirling for 2017 entry.

Any questions about life at Stirling are welcomed, as are queries about accommodation, funding etc.

I'm a recent graduate so I'm happy to answer any questions you might have :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying for economics and politics :smile: does anybody know if Stirling is already giving out offers?
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Oh that's awesome (the fact that you're studying the course, not the late offers haha)! How do you like the course and the whole university so far? I wanted to study economics with international relations but sadly Stirling doesn't offer that course so I decided to apply for econ and politics.. Does the course handle any international stuff?
Reply 3
Thank you so so much for your answers! This really helped, the course and uni sound great so maybe if I only get an offer from them we'll meet there next year haha :smile:
Reply 4
I've applied for History, Sociology and Education!

Anxiously hoping for an interview invite/offer!

Did you like the accomodation? I don't know whether to see if I can get into halls or travel from Glasgow?
Reply 5
I left school in June at the end of S5 and I'm taking a gap year to work - I have AAAB and I need an unconditional. Fingers crossed my grades are enough.

I've been worrying about an interview so if you're right that would be great!

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. That makes sense tbh!

Thanks! :smile:
I'm applying for Social Work! :hello:
Reply 7
I'm applying for Modern Languages and International Politics! Just got an acknowledgment today with portal info and they said they'll be sending an offer hopefully within the next 5 days.
Reply 8
I've applied for Mental Health Nursing and Stirling is my first choice :smile:
I have applied for History and Politics at Stirling!! Does anyone know how long Stirling generally takes to give out offers?? good luck everyone
I was really impressed by the student union and study abroad options so I may put Stirling as my first choice. :biggrin:
I have S5 grades AABB so I think I could possibly get an unconditional for history? Not 100% sure. :s-smilie:
Reply 11
I recieved an unconditional for International Politics and Languages yesterday, so thrilled!
Original post by cami.w
I recieved an unconditional for International Politics and Languages yesterday, so thrilled!

Are you an international or uk student? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by jmalley1
Are you an international or uk student? :smile:

I'm international. Heard nothing for about a month from Stirling, then got an acknowledgment saying they'd respond within five days. They asked for a few documents and then I got the offer :smile:
Original post by cami.w
I'm international. Heard nothing for about a month from Stirling, then got an acknowledgment saying they'd respond within five days. They asked for a few documents and then I got the offer :smile:

Ah okay! I'm Scottish so in their acknowledgment they said it'll be before the end of March. Such a long wait for me!
Well done on your offer :smile:
Thanks for the reply!
I am often unsure with history courses because a lot of people do apply to them but if it was more competitive I woulda thought they'd increase entry requirements like they do for law. :s-smilie: I will indeed wait and see, I haven't sent off my application yet though.
Do you go to Stirling uni? :smile: What grades did you apply with?
I was gonna apply in S5 but I didn't think my nationals would be enough for them to give me a conditional. You'll have been young going to uni though, I'll be 17 when I go. Was it a problem for you being one of the youngest? :smile: And ah right, I wouldn't think they'd increase requirements drastically so I still hope for an unconditional. :frown: Wish I could get my application sent off already.
Ah thanks, that makes me feel better. Clubbing is not my thing either, I am worried it'll stop me making friends though because I'm not a huge fan of nightlife. :s-smilie: Has it been a problem for you?
Yeah my teachers didn't give me good predictions until after prelims so I woulda had to go through clearing and I thought I'll wait till next year. :biggrin:
Ah thanks! That makes me feel better! :smile: I'm hoping to join basically all the fan societies if I go; Sherlock, doctor who, game of thrones, Harry Potter. Aha. :biggrin: Only thing in my way is not having an offer or having sent my application yet. :tongue:
Im applying for Psychology so does anyone have like any idea how is the course there!? Has someone receive any offers by now? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest