University of Stirling Applicants 2017 Watch

Zoe_1994
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TartanGibby)
The way it works is you have your core degree/core modules then you choose your additional/optional modules, I can't remember offhand if you need to be fully enrolled or not to choose your modules but once you have accepted your offer your portal should have more options, module selection should be one of them. As I didn't confirm my place until after my results and many people had heard back already I can't answer whether or not you have to wait until everyone has heard back.
Thank you very much, were you able to do the other modules that you wanted to do? Im just wondering if theres a lot of competition for everything!
TartanGibby
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zoe_1994)
Thank you very much, were you able to do the other modules that you wanted to do? Im just wondering if theres a lot of competition for everything!
As long as you get your choices in early then you pretty much get free pickings, the later you leave it the less spaces available etc. I haven't had any problems so far.
Zoe_1994
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TartanGibby)
As long as you get your choices in early then you pretty much get free pickings, the later you leave it the less spaces available etc. I haven't had any problems so far.
I'll be getting mine in early so i will probly be fine Thanks for ur help!
sun-flower
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by socialworker2be)
Hi, I'm from Northern Ireland and have also applied for Social work at Stirling. Have you heard anything from them? I've had to scan my qualifications to them and log on to the portal but it says 20% and awaiting decision. That was a few weeks ago!!
Hey! I've only just sent off my application so nothing so far! Best of luck xx
laurenxparker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got an reply from them via UCAS on 07/12/16
socialworker2be
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by laurenxparker)
I got an reply from them via UCAS on 07/12/16
Was that for social work?
MathsAndCoffee
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Received an unconditional for BSc (Hons) Maths and it's Applications. Stirling is my first choice, anyone in the same boat?
Shadow Hunters
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MathsAndCoffee)
Received an unconditional for BSc (Hons) Maths and it's Applications. Stirling is my first choice, anyone in the same boat?
Congrats! I only got the acknowledgment of my application from Stirling today so I may have a lil while to wait for a reply. :yep: When did you send your application?
I haven't really decided if it's my first choice yet but I love the campus!

Also not sure how long they take a break for at Christmas and new year? Wouldnt expect to hear anything till January now probably.
MathsAndCoffee
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Shadow Hunters)
Congrats! I only got the acknowledgment of my application from Stirling today so I may have a lil while to wait for a reply. :yep: When did you send your application?
I haven't really decided if it's my first choice yet but I love the campus!

Also not sure how long they take a break for at Christmas and new year? Wouldnt expect to hear anything till January now probably.
Thanks 😊.

Sent my application off three weeks ago, however if took my referee a while to finish my reference. 😂

Yeah, the campus does look really good.

What have you applied to study?😁

I've applied to Aberdeen, Strathclyde, Stirling and Glasgow. Only heard from Stirling, it's my preferred choice since I live close by and can't afford to live in halls.
Shadow Hunters
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks 😊.

Sent my application off three weeks ago, however if took my referee a while to finish my reference. 😂

Yeah, the campus does look really good.

What have you applied to study?😁

I've applied to Aberdeen, Strathclyde, Stirling and Glasgow. Only heard from Stirling, it's my preferred choice since I live close by and can't afford to live in halls.
Same, took a week or so for my referee to send it. How long did it take to get an offer after the referee sent it?

It's a real campus university, feels safer than places like Glasgow because it has very good security although I do like Glasgow too.

I applied to history! Universities applied to are- Stirling, St Andrews, Edinburgh and then Aberdeen and Glasgow.

Stirling is fairly close to home so I know I'd be happy there! Although not close enough that I could commute. But it should be fine, I'd like to learn how to cook and stuff so I think I'd prefer living in halls.
MathsAndCoffee
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Same, took a week or so for my referee to send it. How long did it take to get an offer after the referee sent it?

It's a real campus university, feels safer than places like Glasgow because it has very good security although I do like Glasgow too.

I applied to history! Universities applied to are- Stirling, St Andrews, Edinburgh and then Aberdeen and Glasgow.

Stirling is fairly close to home so I know I'd be happy there! Although not close enough that I could commute. But it should be fine, I'd like to learn how to cook and stuff so I think I'd prefer living in halls.
Stirling were quite quick to respond, took about a week or so. So there's no need to worry 😊.

It looks a lot safer than Glasgow. 😂 However I reckon Glasgow has a better atmosphere than Stirling and there's no harm in a change of scenery.

Fortunately the Uni Link is route is on my door step, if only it followed the time table and didn't turn up when it pleases. 😁 I'm sure you'll have fun!

What subjects are you studying this year?

I'm studying Advanced Higher Math, Advanced Higher English, Advanced Higher Art and I'm crashing Higher Physics. 😅 I've been using Heroit Watt Scholar for most of my Physics revision.
Shadow Hunters
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Stirling were quite quick to respond, took about a week or so. So there's no need to worry 😊.

It looks a lot safer than Glasgow. 😂 However I reckon Glasgow has a better atmosphere than Stirling and there's no harm in a change of scenery.

Fortunately the Uni Link is route is on my door step, if only it followed the time table and didn't turn up when it pleases. 😁 I'm sure you'll have fun!

What subjects are you studying this year?

I'm studying Advanced Higher Math, Advanced Higher English, Advanced Higher Art and I'm crashing Higher Physics. 😅 I've been using Heroit Watt Scholar for most of my Physics revision.
Ah that's good, not as bad as I thought!

That's a lot of subjects, must be difficult. Though good combo of subjects, it'll mean you can do basically any subject as a second or third subject while at university.

This year im studying advanced higher history, higher business and national 5 geography.
I only had national 4 maths so I needed a science national 5 and apparently geography counts for everywhere except Edinburgh. ( I like Edinburgh but I struggle so much with science. )

Stirling doesn't ask for a science in order to do history so I have my hopes that they'll give me an offer.
MathsAndCoffee
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah that's good, not as bad as I thought!

That's a lot of subjects, must be difficult. Though good combo of subjects, it'll mean you can do basically any subject as a second or third subject while at university.

This year im studying advanced higher history, higher business and national 5 geography.
I only had national 4 maths so I needed a science national 5 and apparently geography counts for everywhere except Edinburgh. ( I like Edinburgh but I struggle so much with science. )

Stirling doesn't ask for a science in order to do history so I have my hopes that they'll give me an offer.
The entry requirements, competition per place and cost put me off Edinburgh.
I know the typical entry requirements for most courses are AAAA Higher at first sitting. Which wouldn't give me an offer. 😐

I enjoy learning multiple subjects and thankfully the time table didn't clash 😁.

I'm still not sure what I want to study so chose Maths as I'm pretty good at it.

Good luck with your offer. 😊
socialworker2be
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chunkyandfunky)
Hey! I've only just sent off my application so nothing so far! Best of luck xx
Hi, have you heard anything from Stirling for social work yet?
Emmasutherland
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have an unconditional for Spanish at Stirling and It's my top choice so I'm really considering it!
I was just wondering if anyone knew if there are printing facilities, or if I should just buy a printer? What's more cost effective?
Just so I can plan in advance and start to buy stuff soon!
Thanks in advance if anyone can shed any light

Posted from TSR Mobile
MathsAndCoffee
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emmasutherland)
I have an unconditional for Spanish at Stirling and It's my top choice so I'm really considering it!
I was just wondering if anyone knew if there are printing facilities, or if I should just buy a printer? What's more cost effective?
Just so I can plan in advance and start to buy stuff soon!
Thanks in advance if anyone can shed any light

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would be more cost effective to buy yourself a printer. However at the start of each year you get a £6 allowance of free printing and the maths tutorial rooms offer free printing. I know since I have visited the campus.
sun-flower
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by socialworker2be)
Hi, have you heard anything from Stirling for social work yet?
Yeah I have to submit a piece of writing by wednesday
mynameisnotmya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Applied for Film and Media! I received my unconditional offer on Tuesday! So glad there's a forum like this here, I've been searching for something with Stirling applicants for ages!!!
dobby_theelf
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mintiess)
I'm applying for economics and politics does anybody know if Stirling is already giving out offers?
i am not sure i know that they have been replying to some like maths i think? but i've applied for nursing and still waiting 😏
dobby_theelf
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey i've applied for nursing and just wondering if anyone else has received interviews yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (76)
23.68%
No (245)
76.32%

Watched Threads