University of Stirling Applicants 2017 Watch

sun-flower
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by socialworker2be)
Have you heard anything from Stirling yet? I know we only sent the work away a week ago I'm so impatient with it 😂
Nah nothing yet, although I suppose it must take quite a long time to mark everyones work and then sort it out into gradings haha.
DMuspratt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Stirling is my backup choice for Undergrad law ( i applied to Glasgow, Edinburgh ) . I just got an offer back from them.

I was wondering what the general thought on the law programme is here, you are also welcome to PM me if you want.
eleanor-duffy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lauren.mckissock)
just wondering if anyone applied to french and spanish or french and journalism studies? sent my application away in november and still waiting to hear back

although, no news is good news I suppose!!
I got an unconditional for journalism and spanish the day after I applied - might be worth calling them up?
jmalley1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone had a reply for History or Sociology? I applied for History, Sociology and Education and i've pretty much heard nothing back. I'm getting quite worried as I applied in September
Shadow Hunters
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Omg I just got an offer from Stirling for history!
So pleased.
Shadow Hunters
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jmalley1)
Anyone had a reply for History or Sociology? I applied for History, Sociology and Education and i've pretty much heard nothing back. I'm getting quite worried as I applied in September
I got an offer for history. But education has a long process so I think that's the difference. If you aren't sure email them.
jmalley1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Shadow Hunters)
I got an offer for history. But education has a long process so I think that's the difference. If you aren't sure email them.
Ah okay, Thanks. Well done on your offer though! I'm just at the stage where i'm extremely impatient!!
Shadow Hunters
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah okay, Thanks. Well done on your offer though! I'm just at the stage where i'm extremely impatient!!
Thanks so much! And I get it, I've been impatient too, was not expecting to hear back from them yet if I'm honest. If you applied that long ago maybe you should contact them because it does seem a bit odd. Are they your first choice?
MathsAndCoffee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Omg I just got an offer from Stirling for history!
So pleased.
Could see you around campus.

What are your conditions? I confirmed my unconditional a few days ago.
jmalley1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks so much! And I get it, I've been impatient too, was not expecting to hear back from them yet if I'm honest. If you applied that long ago maybe you should contact them because it does seem a bit odd. Are they your first choice?
I think I will, they said that decisons would be made before 31st of March but I did apply ages ago! Glasgow is my first choice and I have an offer but I still want to hear back!
Shadow Hunters
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MathsAndCoffee)
Could see you around campus.

What are your conditions? I confirmed my unconditional a few days ago.
Omg congrats on making the final decision! At least now it's all done and you can concentrate on finishing school and looking forward to uni!

It was unconditional, I freaked out! You just might see me, it's becoming very likely!

I still have to wait for other replies but I really did like Stirling so I don't know! :five: I like that the university is so chilled out and the course is pretty flexible. Also good food in the city, jobs too and well located for family to visit. Pretty ideal bc it's a great mix between city and campus.
Shadow Hunters
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think I will, they said that decisons would be made before 31st of March but I did apply ages ago! Glasgow is my first choice and I have an offer but I still want to hear back!
Way yeah because you can't make a decision until they hurry up and reply!
Congrats on your offer from Glasgow! I applied and haven't heard back yet but I did love the city and the campus! Also think it's got a really good education course?
jmalley1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Way yeah because you can't make a decision until they hurry up and reply!
Congrats on your offer from Glasgow! I applied and haven't heard back yet but I did love the city and the campus! Also think it's got a really good education course?
I applied for History/Sociology at Glasgow so I don't know much about the education course there, but the history course is pretty much my cup of tea, so I'm chuffed I got a place! I hope you hear back soon!
Shadow Hunters
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I applied for History/Sociology at Glasgow so I don't know much about the education course there, but the history course is pretty much my cup of tea, so I'm chuffed I got a place! I hope you hear back soon!
It was a good course! I liked the kelvingrove museum opportunities.
And the buildings in the university are so old and pretty. But the size of Glasgow as a city put me off. Prefer smaller cities. Even though it was a very trendy place! I'm sure you'll be really happy there, meant to have great nightlife.
They said I would hear back by mid march which is a longer wait than I wanted but its okay, I don't think the university is right for me anyway, prefer a campus type one.
jmalley1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It was a good course! I liked the kelvingrove museum opportunities.
And the buildings in the university are so old and pretty. But the size of Glasgow as a city put me off. Prefer smaller cities. Even though it was a very trendy place! I'm sure you'll be really happy there, meant to have great nightlife.
They said I would hear back by mid march which is a longer wait than I wanted but its okay, I don't think the university is right for me anyway, prefer a campus type one.
Where is it you're from? I'm from Glasgow anyway so I love the city, I don't think i'd cope going to uni in a small town! Even though Glasgow is big, it's split into smaller areas which are really easy to get to know, so a lot of the time you know where you are and it doesn't feel as big as it is! But everyone has their own preferences! I lived in a small town further South for a while and couldn't stand it! 😊
Shadow Hunters
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Where is it you're from? I'm from Glasgow anyway so I love the city, I don't think i'd cope going to uni in a small town! Even though Glasgow is big, it's split into smaller areas which are really easy to get to know, so a lot of the time you know where you are and it doesn't feel as big as it is! But everyone has their own preferences! I lived in a small town further South for a while and couldn't stand it! 😊
When I went to Glasgow I almost got lost trying to find the university from the tube station!

Funnily enough, I was specifically looking for universities in smaller places! :lol: Although the town I live in is a bit too small, the highlight of the high street is a Greggs bakery. Want something a bit better than that.

I've lived in the Edinburgh area most of my life and I kinda was looking for an old town or city to go to university at. ( Edinburgh is too close to home for me. :zomg: )

Stirling really fits my requirements as it's got a good student union, all on one campus, good accommodation, not a huge student population and is close to a medieval city! I had good food in the city when I visited for the open day too. A priority, of course.
anacasillas
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I applied for Adult Nursing and I have interview on Thursday. I´m so nervous about interview
Richard0328
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One of my classmates (college) has had 3 offers from Stirling and they are all combined degrees. I have yet to hear anything but I am going to the study day next Monday (20th). I may take the opportunity to retrieve somebodys thumb from their bottom!
om2507
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shannon wil 1407)
has anyone heard back from primary education yet ?
I have a place for Primary Education with Spanish, but I got an offer last year and deferred it. They didn't get back to me until around April time, so it will probably be another while before you hear back.
Melisssaj1993
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Everyone!😊
I applied for the access to nursing course at stirling recently and recieved an email requesting me to write an essay so they could assess my skills etc. Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience? Also ive waited a month for a decsion to be made and nothing yet.. getting slightly worried now! And going slightly mad checking my student portal and email lol! X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (101)
68.24%
No I haven't decided yet (27)
18.24%
Yes but I might change my mind (20)
13.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise