Scroll to see replies

Name: Charliee
Course: Psychology
GCSEs: A*x1 Ax2 Bx7 Cx2
AS: BBEE
A2 subjects: Psychology, Maths, Physics + EPQ
A2 (prediction): ABD + B (132 tariff)
Offer: 104 tariff (including my EPQ)

I plan on firming BU so hopefully I'll be there late this year! Good luck to everyone!!
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
I think I am also going to firm Bournemouth for Psychology! What was the selling point for you?
Original post by 10butchere
I think I am also going to firm Bournemouth for Psychology! What was the selling point for you?

There was quite a few things, like the range of areas they cover in the course (I know what area I want to go into, but it's great to have a broad knowledge) as well as the options for third year. A lot of students have also said that people tend to be friendly which was a plus since it's a logn way from home haha, not to mention it's location is beautiful! The last big selling point for me was the buildings and accomodation as they all seemed really nice.
Hope to see you there!
Reply 23
Got my offer to study economics for september, 112 UCAS Points!! Really excited but have a question. Is all of the economics and business studies school on the Talbot campus, and if so how many people live in the nearby student village?
Original post by joegeno
Got my offer to study economics for september, 112 UCAS Points!! Really excited but have a question. Is all of the economics and business studies school on the Talbot campus, and if so how many people live in the nearby student village?
I went to the Talbot campus your on Friday and if I remember rightly approximately 250 students live in the student village.
Original post by joegeno

Hi Joegeno

Congratulations on your offer at BU!

Our Business Studies, Accounting and Finance and Economics courses are delivered at the Talbot Campus. 278 students are based at the Student Village accommodation, but this includes both bachelor degree students and those doing their Master's.

You can view all your accommodation options here.

We look forward to welcoming you in September.

Best wishes

Sarah
Reply 26
Hey, I am also from Cornwall, but I am going to study Business and Accounting
(edited 7 years ago)
We've had an update from our Admissions Team on the current process with regards to interview outcomes:

Weโ€™ll contact you as soon as possible after your interview. Sometimes this will be as soon as the next day, but for other courses it could take up to a week or two for all interviews to take place before we make a decision.

All the best

BU
Hi all got my offer from Bournemouth today for adult nursing so happy
Original post by Xxrachann85xx
Hi all got my offer from Bournemouth today for adult nursing so happy

Congratulations!x
Original post by futurechildnurse
Congratulations!x

Thank you x
I am considering Bournemouth uni as a firm or insurance choice for September 2017 intake. Can anyone tell me the number of first year students that will get a place in the halls of residence?
My son applied for Music and Sound Technology in November and still hasn't heard anything. He's heard from the other 4 Universities already. Bournemouth is his first choice so it's very frustrating.
Original post by Psychomum
I am considering Bournemouth uni as a firm or insurance choice for September 2017 intake. Can anyone tell me the number of first year students that will get a place in the halls of residence?

Hi there,

With regards to this if you submitted us as a firm choice by the 15th January then you will be guaranteed accommodation with us at Bournemouth University. If following this path you will be sent out an email in spring time which will contain your various options.

I hope this helps. Best wishes.

BU.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Joscelyne
My son applied for Music and Sound Technology in November and still hasn't heard anything. He's heard from the other 4 Universities already. Bournemouth is his first choice so it's very frustrating.

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear about this and any associated frustration. Be assured we are working through applications as quickly as possible but it is a very busy time for our applications team. We would advise for your son to check his myHUB account on a regular basis, as soon as there is any change to the application he will be notified on there.

I hope this helps. Best wishes.

BU.
Yeah, I applied in early December as well and still haven't heard anything. I have been to interviews and had offers from all of the other universities I've applied to at this point, but still haven't heard a thing from Bournemouth.
Hi everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm very lucky because I've been offered an unconditional place to study Events Management at Bournemouth! I really like the industry links that the course has and the university has lots of very modern facilities which is great, plus the town has a lot to do including going to the beach ๐Ÿ˜Š

My problem is that I'm currently torn between Bournemouth and another university which I also love. I will be attending both of their applicant days so I have a better idea of which university to choose because I really want to choose the right one for me. Just hoping people could share their reasons for wanting to go to Bournemouth over their other uni choices?

Thanks! And well done everyone on your offers!
I've applied to Bournemouth to study business information technology and have now made it my firm choice however I did this after the 15th of January as I was still waiting for replys from other unis will I still be guaranteed a place in accommodation?
Guys Where's the best place to get accommodation in Bournemouth.ill be studying adult nursing this coming September 2017. Shall I get halls or hospital accommodation?i have no clue about as I didn't attend during open days.im from Plymouth as well so i don't know the local area
Original post by Itsmarc971
Guys Where's the best place to get accommodation in Bournemouth.ill be studying adult nursing this coming September 2017. Shall I get halls or hospital accommodation?i have no clue about as I didn't attend during open days.im from Plymouth as well so i don't know the local area

Hi ๐Ÿ˜Š Unsure about hospital accommodation but the halls are really lovely at Bournemouth. I only had the chance to look two on the open day but at the applicant day I want to look at more, Dorchester House appeals the most to me so might try and look there ๐Ÿ˜Š All the halls of residence are really close together except Corfe House which is in Poole. Most of the accommodation is in and around Bournemouth town centre which is good too ๐Ÿ˜Š

Quick Reply

Latest