The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry University Applicants 2017

Any of you thinking of applying, or already applied to Coventry? If so, what course are you looking to do? :ahee:

What interests you about the university, and why? And is there anything you want to know more about?

Discuss here, and find other students hoping to start there too! :colone:

Some useful links:
Coventry University Prospectus
Find a Course
No Hidden Extras
Scholarships & Finance
University Accommodation

Connect to Coventry University! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm planning on applying it wanted to know what the student accommodation is like and if I were to live in Birmingham, is it far from the train station??
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by drtembo1
I'm planning on applying it wanted to know what the student accommodation is like and if I were to live in Birmingham, is it far from the train station??

I stayed in Callice Court, which I found really nice, if a bit expensive, but it's definitely worth viewing the accommodation yourself and deciding what you think :smile:

It depends what building you're in regarding distance from the station, but it's around a 20 minute walk in general - there are buses too though, which are quicker; usually £1/£2 for a single :h:
I applied for biomedical sciences (14.10) but have not heard back yet.
I applied today for International Relations and a placement year but just to fill the gap in my list. If anyone wants, you can go ahead and try to convince me that this is THE place to be :biggrin:
Reply 5
How long to replies from the uni tend to take?
anyone applying to the new dagenham campus?
I'm nervous applying. I'm 23 and will be 24 when I go Coventry university. I've been living with my mothers family in Thailand and lost contact with friends while over there. I'm scared I'm too old to make friends.

Computer Science for me
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EvianPromax
Don't be, I'm 23 as well, going to Coventry in September to study a computing related field too. Huge lover of Thailand (Muay Thai fanatic), feel free to keep in touch if you're worried about making friends.

You're a life saver! I was so cautious about this website alone thinking I've gone up and joined a teenager website.

So I'm guessing we'll be in each others class! What are you studying, you said a computer related field?

Thailand is great! If we do become friends in the future, I'll cook Thai food and teach you Thai if you'd like, hell we'd go travel to Thailand and visit my family near the beach, I know some cool places tourists don't know exist. My aunt can also get these gigantic sea crabs for cheap! My English is gonna be a bit rusty.

Oh man, I am so glad you exist. I don't feel old and I got someone my age to be friends with, I had to go back to Thailand for military

Do you live in Coventry right now? I'll be back in England sooner or later, just waiting for my passport now.
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey!
I applied at Coventry and they gave me a conditional letter stating that i need to complete and pass the interview. Any idea how the interview is like and what they ask?
Thank You!
Original post by maya1212
Hey!
I applied at Coventry and they gave me a conditional letter stating that i need to complete and pass the interview. Any idea how the interview is like and what they ask?
Thank You!

What course are you applying for? :smile:
Original post by shadowdweller
What course are you applying for? :smile:

Msc Professional Accounting :biggrin:
Original post by maya1212
Msc Professional Accounting :biggrin:

Ooo, very nice! I don't recall the interview being too difficult, but it may depend on the course, so hopefully someone doing Accounting will be able to give more insight :holmes:
Reply 15
I received an unconditional for psychology. Initially they gave me unconditional but upgraded it a month or so later
Reply 16
DO NOT GO TO COVENTRY UNIVERSITY

TRUST ME
its a horrible and tiny city with absolute boredom.
Come to Leicester or De Montfort University MUCH MUCH BETTER

You will regret coventry
Original post by adamt600
DO NOT GO TO COVENTRY UNIVERSITY

TRUST ME
its a horrible and tiny city with absolute boredom.
Come to Leicester or De Montfort University MUCH MUCH BETTER

You will regret coventry

As a flip side to this, I've found Coventry to be lovely. Don't just base your choice in one person's view, take a look around the city and the uni yourself :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I received a conditional offer for Photography . :smile: I am from Slovakia. This year I will have school-leaving exam.
Original post by Khoella
I received a conditional offer for Photography . :smile: I am from Slovakia. This year I will have school-leaving exam.

That's amazing, congratulations! :biggrin:

Quick Reply