Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VioletBlueGreen)
    Asking on behalf of a friend although I'd guess I'd like to know as well. Is there any chance of a conditional offer being changed to an unconditional one?
    Hi,

Once you've been given an offer it's not likely that this will change, so if you've had a conditional offer this will depend on you meeting the conditional requirements, but if you'd like to check or discuss this further with our admissions department you can email them at [email protected]

Thanks,
    Lydia
    BCU Team

ReputationRep:
    So, three out of five universities I applied to have given me interviews. Newman just sent me a rejection letter today and am now waiting on my first choice BCU to get back. Hopefully I don't get rejected :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zebby1999)
    So, three out of five universities I applied to have given me interviews. Newman just sent me a rejection letter today and am now waiting on my first choice BCU to get back. Hopefully I don't get rejected :/
    I received an email from BCU inviting me to interview just the other day so hopefully you hear from them soon! Best of luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leahjane)
    I received an email from BCU inviting me to interview just the other day so hopefully you hear from them soon! Best of luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done what course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Well done what course did you apply for?
    Paramedic science 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Paramedic science 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That sounds cool 👍
    I've applied to primary education with qts. When did u apply?

ReputationRep:
    That sounds cool 👍
    I've applied to primary education with qts. When did u apply?
    Good luck with it! And I applied through ucas on 20th November, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with it! And I applied through ucas on 20th November, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks my sixth form finally sent mine off a week before Christmas holidays so still waiting on it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've applied to study Media & Communications, but I'm still waiting for a response. I know a few people in my sixth form who have applied also and already got interviews for the same course....should I be worried?

ReputationRep:
    Paramedic science 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did you apply? I'm still waiting to hear

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Media and Communications (Music Industries) and on the website it says you need a portfolio at interview. What would a portfolio for this course involve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _homesick__)
    When did you apply? I'm still waiting to hear
    I applied 20th November and I now have my interview booked for February

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied 20th November and I now have my interview booked for February

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh okay thanks! I applied 1st December so I've probably got a little while to wait yet x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicrosie)
    Applying for Media and Communications (Music Industries) and on the website it says you need a portfolio at interview. What would a portfolio for this course involve?
    Hi musicrosie,

We would like you to bring along some of your work to demonstrate your abilities and interests within the music industries. However, don't worry if your work isn't media-related, as we are also looking for potential, creativity and enthusiasm.

You would need to bring:

- An example of written work (e.g. an academic essay or report)

It doesn't have to be specific to media or the music industries, but should show your ability to write in a critical and scholarly manner.

- AND an example of your interest in the media

This might include examples of a music or media-related hobby that you have, details of any work experience or placements that you have undertaken in the music industries or wider media industries, or anything else that helps us get a sense of your interests.

- OR an example of any practical media work

This might take the form of (but is not limited to) a video, website, article, some design work, radio work, photography or scripts you have produced. It can be work you have produced independently or during school/ college.

Hope that helps but feel free to ask if you have any other questions

Good luck with your application!
    Kiran
    BCU Team

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my application for Computer Networks and Security in December and I've received offers from all my other choices but BCU. I was just wondering is the long reply time normal?

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to know is there a chance I could receive an unconditional offer because I've already met the criteria, and will like not to waste time going to the interview for other unis, as BCU is my top choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banzaibam)
    I just wanted to know is there a chance I could receive an unconditional offer because I've already met the criteria, and will like not to waste time going to the interview for other unis, as BCU is my top choice
    Hi there! We think you should have had a reply. Could you perhaps send us a private message with your name and UCAS ID number and we can look into this for you.
    Thanks - Amanda, BCU team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birmingham City University)
    Hi there! We think you should have had a reply. Could you perhaps send us a private message with your name and UCAS ID number and we can look into this for you.
    Thanks - Amanda, BCU team
    Will do thank you

ReputationRep:
    What address should I send the email to please?

ReputationRep:
    Don't Worry I found the link

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.