Birmingham City University Applicants 2017

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I had an interview for adult nursing for Sept 2017 on Friday 13th Jan. They told us 5 working days until we heard. I knew a couple of people on the same interview slot as myself and they heard after day 4. I have called a couple of times to ask when I would get an update and have been informed that I do have a place on the course which is great and it will be updated shortly on ucas. It's been over 1 week now since that conversation and still nothing? I'm starting to get worried? Has anyone else had this problem? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futurechildnurse)
    Hi,I was sent a questionnaire to complete,a week ago now and havent heard anything back either. This is the only uni I am waiting on.

Good Luck x
    I'm in exactly the same position as you. I sent my application off in September and haven't received an interview but I've seen some people who sent theirs in like December and have had interview and offer. I'm really nervous I'm at a disadvantage right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannolan)
    I'm in exactly the same position as you. I sent my application off in September and haven't received an interview but I've seen some people who sent theirs in like December and have had interview and offer. I'm really nervous I'm at a disadvantage right now.
    Oh gosh! No news I good news though. I'm sure you will get somewhere with the uni.

I contacted them the other day and they said it could take several weeks to receive a response,as they have to check the test scores.

Have you had any offers yet?

good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I suppose.

Yes, I have an unconditional for sheffield hallam and a conditional for coventry. But birmingham is one of my top choices.

Have you received any offers?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I suppose.

Yes, I have an unconditional for sheffield hallam and a conditional for coventry. But birmingham is one of my top choices.

hi,no I haven't got any offers yet. I have three interviews coming up,so hopefully I will receive an offer from one of them. X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hlucyd)
    Hello, I had an interview for adult nursing for Sept 2017 on Friday 13th Jan. They told us 5 working days until we heard. I knew a couple of people on the same interview slot as myself and they heard after day 4. I have called a couple of times to ask when I would get an update and have been informed that I do have a place on the course which is great and it will be updated shortly on ucas. It's been over 1 week now since that conversation and still nothing? I'm starting to get worried? Has anyone else had this problem? Thank you
    Hi Hlucyd, Sorry you haven't received a response yet, please can you email the admissions office: [email protected] and put Adult nursing enquiry in the subject line and this should ensure your query goes to the right person and you will get a response soon. Hope that helps and good luck! Thank you Claire The BCU Team

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anybody else got their BCU interview for paramedic science tomorrow or has had it already? Just wondering what I could read up on for the values based interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I suppose.

How was your interview for Coventry? I have one there next week. I'm so nervous. Good luck with Birmingham!

ReputationRep:
    Got an conditional offer at BCU
    was gonna ask who else is going to that applicant day...?

ReputationRep:
    I've an applicant day/ interview on 19th April for diagnostic radiography ..Has anyone been already ..Had an offer or waiting on interview.. Any advice appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silcrows)
    I've applied for adult nursing degree, and had the interview last Friday. The wait is killing me! BCU seems like a really nice place to study and I know someone who graduated last year with nothing bad to say about it. I'm currently studying access to health as a mature student and on track to get entry requirements.
    Hey!! Hope you have heard back from bcu by now? I've been offered a condition place for September, so excited!! Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19chelsea97)
    I applied for Birmingham City University for the course of Interior Architecture and Design on 13th January 2017, and i've still not heard anything back from the university, only that they've received my application and its been referred, but on UCAS, it's not been updated since then. I've not had any contact from them recently about and interview date in particular and i've been checking my emails everyday. It's making me panic a little as it is the university i'm really wanting to attend.
    Hi 19chelsea97,

Apologies for keeping you waiting!

As you can imagine it's an extremely busy time for our Admissions department, but they are processing applications as quickly as they can and you should expect to hear from them shortly.

Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Whats the deadline for the applying for full time acca? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for one of the healthcare degrees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wutheringwhite)
    Has anyone got an offer for one of the healthcare degrees?
    I've an interview on 19th April for Diagnostic radiography & imaging .. But don't seem to be able to get any feedback from anyone else on here .
    What healthcare course have you applied to ?

ReputationRep:
    Good course! very technical

I got a place on the Paramedic science course and i've firmed it

ReputationRep:
    I've just done my numeracy skills test today for teaching- passed 👏
    anyone else doing anything education related?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirstywarren)
    Hey!! Hope you have heard back from bcu by now? I've been offered a condition place for September, so excited!! Xx
    Congratulations! Yeah I've been offered a place for September too. I haven't put it as firm choice yet, but I am considering it.

ReputationRep:
    I've been accepted to do ODP at BCU in Sept!

ReputationRep:
    BCU says to bring in original certificates for GCSE/GCe etc. What if you only have GCSE certificates? My college hasn't given us our AS certificates.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 19, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.