Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Where are you from? I'm an international student

What course(s) are you applying for? - Psychology

What qualifications do you have? What are your predicted grades and in which subjects? - Well, my entry requirements are different but for now they meet the entry requirements. I probably need the grades from some of my science classes? I don't know the uni hasn't answered my application yet

Do you have any voluntary/work experience? -Yeah, I've voulenteered in the Crysis center in my city for some time and even if right now I dont have the time cuz of school, I still help with whatever I legally can lol

What does your course require? - My entry requirements are different but let's say 5,5 in my Diploma and maybe some experience? I have no idea lol

Why Newcastle University? - Honestly I had difficulties deciding where to apply but Newcastle caught my eye, I don't know it just seemed like it was the right choice.

I sent my application a week ago and have heard nothing yet, has anyone?
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Where are you from? Southampton

What course(s) are you applying for? BSc Computer Science

What qualifications do you have? What are your predicted grades and in which subjects? AS ICT B, Computer Science A, Electronics A, Maths E

Do you have any voluntary/work experience? Yes

What does your course require? AAB

Why Newcastle University? Enthusiastic lecturers, nice city, good quality accommodation, interesting course.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ant Pett
Where are you from? Southampton

What course(s) are you applying for? Computer Science

What qualifications do you have? What are your predicted grades and in which subjects? AS ICT B, Computer Science A, Electronics A, Maths E

Do you have any voluntary/work experience? Yes

What does your course require? AAB

Why Newcastle University? Enthusiastic lecturers, nice city, good quality accommodation, interesting course.

OMG you do Electronics. Finally I found someone else who does it! You do WJEC I assume?
Original post by Cryptokyo
OMG you do Electronics. Finally I found someone else who does it! You do WJEC I assume?

Yep WJEC, although I heard they're cancelling the subject in a few years or so. (Probably since you can do everything with a microcontroller now)
I bet Electronics is a breeze compared to all your other subjects!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ant Pett
Yep WJEC, although I heard they're cancelling the subject in a few years or so. (Probably since you can do everything with a microcontroller now)

That is sad to hear they are cancelling it. It is literally my favourite subject! Good luck in your UCAS application though :smile:!
Thank you very much. The one thing that surprised me is that their usual offer is AAA but my offer is AAB - but I am not complaining!

What do you think was the best thing about the mathematics course at Newcastle?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for late reply - I've been away.
When I was in second year I was given the chance to do a research project in the summer with one of the lecturers, as were other students too. So I would say the best thing is that if you are really interested in maths and are thinking about pursuing it further, like a PhD, you get given the chance to do this at Newcastle. I'm not sure I would have been given the same opportunity at a different university.
What is this phrase suppose to mean?

I think this means "big man ting".
Anyone been invited to an applicant day? I'm coming for a Law one on 23rd November :biggrin:
Where are you from?
Northampton - 4 hours drive (so far:redface:)

What course(s) are you applying for?
Modern Languages, Translating and Interpreting (French and Beginners Spanish)

What qualifications do you have? What are your predicted grades and in which subjects? A-Levels / AAB (in French, Travel and Tourism and Geography)

Do you have any voluntary/work experience?
No

What does your course require?
ABB with an A in French

Why Newcastle University? :biggrin:
Tbh, there aren't many unis that offer translation:tongue: but the facilities seem cool (interpreting booths) and the campus is nice and the staff and students are super friendly and hepful
Reply 29
Where are you from?
London

French and Spanish

What qualifications do you have? What are your predicted grades and in which subjects?
I have BBB at A Level in English Lit, French and Spanish (on a gap year)

Yes, I'm an au pair in Spain at the moment. Also worked a summer job at a school and have also worked at an outdoors summer camp in Canada

ABB-BBB so I'm hopeful.

Why Newcastle University? :biggrin:
It seems like a good university, good city. Why not?

I sent off my application on Friday 25th Nov. Do people know how quick (or slow) Newcastle are?

Also good luck to everyone!
Where are you from? I live roughly an hour outside of London in a pretty small town.

What course(s) are you applying for? History

What qualifications do you have? What are your predicted grades and in which subjects? I have ABB at A2, and I'm currently predicted As in History and Politics, a B in Sociology, and a D3 in Pre-U English Literature (same as an A).

Do you have any voluntary/work experience? Nope.

What does your course require? AAA-AAB with an A in History - pretty achieveable, I hope?

Why Newcastle University? I'm not going to lie, it wasn't my first choice - but then I looked at their course modules for History and, well, I might have been a little bit excited. On top of that, their accommodation seems great and I've been dying to leave the South-East, so why not?
Has anyone received an offer for Philosophy yet?
Course: Mathematics (MMath)
Qualifications (Achieved at AS Level): AAAAA (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Electronics + extra maths modules)
Qualifications (Predicted for A2): A*A*A*A*A* (Maths, Further Maths, Additional Further Maths, Physics and Electronics)
Work Experience: Well...
Course Requirement: AAA
Why Newcastle? Nice city full of friendly people.

If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you go for Oxbridge? With predicted grades like those...
Where are you from?
London (a long way away)

Combined Honours

What qualifications do you have? What are your predicted grades and in which subjects?
AAA at AS, A*AB prediction

Nope :frown:

AAB

Why Newcastle University?
Liberal Arts backup (not many Russell Group universities do LibArts)
Original post by panfriedglory
If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you go for Oxbridge? With predicted grades like those...

I have :tongue:. I've got an interview at Cambridge in roughly two weeks but Newcastle is still very good for Maths and that is why I applied there.
(edited 7 years ago)
I have :tongue:. I've got an interview at Cambridge in roughly two weeks but Newcastle is still very good for Maths and that is why I applied there.

Oh, in that case, congratulations!
Original post by panfriedglory
Oh, in that case, congratulations!

Where are you from? Morecambe

What course(s) are you applying for? BSc Computer Science with Industrial Placement

That's complicated because i repeated year 12 but my best A-levels should be A*AB at the end of this year

Do you have any voluntary/work experience? sadly nupe

What does your course require? ABB/AAB

Why Newcastle University? The Uni was amazing at open day and the city was so good too :biggrin:
Reply 38
Hello

Has anyone received an offer for the Flying Start Degree Programme at Newcastle University for 2017 entry?
Original post by little red rock
Has anyone received an offer for Philosophy yet?

I'm applying for Philosophy too. When did you send off your application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending