The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Offer Holders 2017

This thread is for those who have received offers, either conditional or unconditional. First of all, congratulations! :h:

Which course(s) do you have an offer for?

What are the course requirements?

What grades are you predicted or already have?

How quickly did you get an offer after your application?

Did you have to have an interview? (Note: Please do not discuss specific interview questions)

What are you most looking forward to? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by BurstingBubbles
This thread is for those who have received offers, either conditional or unconditional. First of all, congratulations! :h:

Did you have to have an interview? (Note: Please do not discuss specific interview questions)

Hi :smile: First person to reply aha!
Applied for Biomedical Science with a year in Industry
Need AAB
Predicted AAA
It's taken just under 3 weeks for a reply, sent my UCAS on 7th Oct, recieved offer yesterday (27th)
Nope - no interview
Applied for Sheffield as the course looks amazing, love the anatomy modules and the year in industry scheme. Really looking forward to learning more !! :biggrin:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by BurstingBubbles

Korean Studies

ABB
A*A A
Just got it today so about a week
Did you have to have an interview?
No interview !!
The whole course , learning Korean and the history, politics ect. I am absolutely in love with the course and the Uni just looks amazing so just so thrilled right now. Especially as there are only like 2 courses in the UK that do the Korean language it was very nerve wracking for me 😁
Reply 3
Korean Studies
DDD in BTEC
D*DD - BTEC
Level 4 (Intermediate/Advanced) in TOPIK (Test of proficiency in Korean)
Long time... Applied on Sep 27 and got a reply today 28/10/2016

What are you most looking forward to?

Spending time with my Korean friends again in the year abroad. Becoming friends with the professor and tutoring those who are studying Korean for the first time as a Korean language tutor! (If i can)
Offer: BA English Literature
Course requirements: AAB or ABB (if I get a B in EPQ)
Predicted A2 grades: only know that they are either A or A* but not sure of specifics. Got AABD at AS level.
How long to get an offer: 12 days
Did you have an interview: no
Chemical engineering with a year in industry.
AAA
AAA
Applied 12th of October, they replied on the 21st to tell me I'd get an offer. :smile:
No
Everything! I love the look of the modules. The accommodation looks amazing and so does the student union. I'm really excited tbh!
Reply 6
meng civil/structural engineering
AAA
A*A*A
about 2 weeks
nope
the student life.. my best mate is at shef and she's loving it. also the engineering department just got rebuilt so all the tech should be cool :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
This is my first offer, I completely freaked out when I got it at around 7am and ended up being late to school but am extremely happy!

BSc Archaeology
BBB but I'm international from USA, so 444 on APs and a High School Diploma with a 3.0 GPA
Already have all my AP scores, so my offer is just conditional on me graduating with a 3.0 (current GPA 3.7 so no worries)
Submitted UCAS on October 11th, received offer on November 1st, so exactly 3 weeks.
Nope!
Super hyped to just come and study in Britain, but Sheffield's also one of the top schools for archaeology in the world so I'm really excited about the modules which look awesome and the fieldwork and research prospects. Also the city and Peak District look gorgeous :biggrin:
Reply 8
Was the last offer I received (well I have an interview with Manchester still before they decide so...) and the one I wanted the most.

Course: Modern Languages (German & ab initio Russian & ab initio Czech)
Course Requirements: BB (already have an A in an A2 Level)
Grades I have/predicted: A already and predicted AB I think.
Time it took: like 3.5 weeks after I sent.
Interview: Nope!
What are you most looking forward to?: THE COURSE AND THE LANGUAGE SECTIO NOF THE LIBRARY AND MEETING OTHER PEOPLE WHO LOVE LANGUAGES AND YES.

I'm so glad they gave me an offer :biggrin:
Course: Politics and International Relations
Course Requirements: AAB
Grades I have/predicted: Already got A*BB (on a gap)
Time it took: Received a conditional offer a few weeks/month after applying
Interview: Nope
What are you most looking forward to? Reading politics and getting ******
Which course(s) do you have an offer for? Law (M100)

What are the course requirements? AAA, but D*DD for my course!

What grades are you predicted or already have? D*D*D* predicted, D* from first year.

How quickly did you get an offer after your application? I applied on the 12th of October and received a reply on the 31st.

Did you have to have an interview? (Note: Please do not discuss specific interview questions) Nope!

What are you most looking forward to? The amazing student union, living in a city after living in a town for my whole life, and studying in a lovely law building with (from what I've seen so far) lovely lecturers!
Name: Enala, study IB Program in Ontario, Canada
LLB Law
36 IB points
34/35
Sent off application on September 6, 2016
The University of Sheffield conditional offer: International Baccalaureate (Diploma) with 36 points overall including at least 5 for HL English Lit A - offered received OOctober 31, 2016
University of Leeds conditional offer: International Baccalaureate (Diploma) A total of 35 points with 6,6,5 at Higher Level and 4 in English - offered received November 2, 2016
The University of Manchester conditional offer: International Baccalaureate (Diploma) A total of 32 points including 6 6 6 in three higher level subjects incl English HL - offered received October 26, 2016
The University of Liverpool conditional offer: International Baccalaureate (Diploma) A total of 32 points with no score less than 4 and with a minimum of 5 in Standard Level Mathematics - offer received October 13, 2016
The Manchester Metropolitan University conditional offer: International Baccalaureate (Diploma) A total of 26 points including Higher Level 4 - English - offered received October 28, 2016
Did you have to have an interview? No interview !!
What are you most looking forward to? Cannot wait to start studying law and be done with Maths and Biology
BSc Economics (L101)
AAB (Including Maths A level)
AABC
5 days

Economics BA

AAB

A*AAB

About 2 weeks
Reply 14
Which course(s) do you have an offer for? MRes Translational Oncology

What are the course requirements? 2.1

What grades are you predicted or already have? unconditional offer

How quickly did you get an offer after your application? took about 3 weeks for an interview offer, interview 3 weeks later. Offer on the spot

Did you have to have an interview? yes

What are you most looking forward to? the 6 month long project :love: and being in a smaller class, the SU looks amazing. I miss learning too :colondollar:
Korean. and also Korean with business management (firm)
ABB, and AAB with gcse maths grade B, (lowered to ABB if i get an A in my EPQ)
AAA predicts, A in AS classics already
my app was received tues 15th November and i received conditional offers on both on fri 18th November on the evening
just doing my exams so alevels are finally over and i can study something i love at such a great uni, meeting new friends and going on my year abroad!!!!!!!1
English literature BA

What are the course requirements? AAB

What grades are you predicted or already have? Predicted A*AA

How quickly did you get an offer after your application? About two weeks after sending

Did you have to have an interview? No

What are you most looking forward to? Creative writing & lots of choice!
I applied for Biology (4 years).
Requirements for me: Polish Matura with 80% in three extended level subjects including Biology and Chemistry and 75% overall average from basic and extended level subjects
Predicted grades: at least 80-90% in every subject, both extended and basic level
I sent my application on 15th of October, received an offer yesterday, so less than 2 weeks :smile:
No interview required! :biggrin:
TBH I'm most looking forward to moving to the UK. Also excited to be working with some of the best in the field and doing research work :smile:

Still waiting for other unis to decide whether or not they want me, but I'll be extremely happy if it comes to me studying at Sheffield :wink:
Reply 18
I applied for philosophy
Course requirements are AAB
I'm predicted A, Distinction*, Distinction* and A.
It's only lyrics been one week and I got a conditional saying I need to get an A in a level and Distinction in both BTECs
No interview
I'm looking forward to making new friends.
Original post by paula2578
I applied for philosophy
Course requirements are AAB
I'm predicted A, Distinction*, Distinction* and A.
It's only lyrics been one week and I got a conditional saying I need to get an A in a level and Distinction in both BTECs
No interview
I'm looking forward to making new friends.

Anybody going to Sheffield for Law?
I have just firmed Sheffield as my first choice - 36 IB pts
Manchester is my insurance - 32 IB points with, 6,6,6 H/L
Would like to connect with somebody that has firmed Sheffield for Law
Enala, IB Student from Canada

Quick Reply

Latest