The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort University Applicants 2017

This thread is for applicants to discuss applications and for a general chat about the process :smile:

Where are you from?

What course(s) are you applying for?

What qualifications do you have? What are your predicted grades and in which subjects?

Do you have any voluntary/work experience?

What does your course require?

Why DMU? :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Where are you from? - Yorkshire
What course(s) are you applying for?- Law, Human Rights and Social Justice
What qualifications do you have? - AS' at BCC
What are your predicted grades and in which subjects? English language - A English literature - B Psychology - B
Do you have any voluntary/work experience? Nope
What does your course require? A lot of reading :/
Why DMU? :biggrin: Looks decent enough and looks in a good place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Where are you from? South west,England
What course(s) are you applying for?Children's Nursing
What qualifications do you have?Equivalent maths qualification,BTEC science level 2,GCSE English and Level 3 BTEC in health and social care
What are your predicted grades and in which subjects? Achieved-D*D*D*
Do you have any voluntary/work experience? Yes. Hospital volunteer,support worker,primary school, nursery and youth experience
What does your course require? 50% theory and 50% placements,lots of independent study
Why DMU? I like how it is in close walking distance to shops etc.
Anyone else applying for child nursing?
Where are you from?
- Oxford
- Mechanical Engineering
What qualifications do you have? What are your predicted grades and in which subjects?
i am predicting that I will achieve DMM (BTEC Level 3) in Engineering
i have 2 weeks work experience at BMW/MINI Plant at Oxford
my course requires a DMM for me to get in
Why DMU?
tbh i'm not too sure but I do like the city of Leicester
I have had my interview and have received an email saying my application has been put on hold. What does this mean?
oxford
mechanical engineering
D*D*D
none
not sure
it is one of cheaper city in uk
Reply 6
Where are you from? London

What course(s) are you applying for? Midwifery

What qualifications do you have? What are your predicted grades and in which subjects? Im in yr 13 and im predicted ABB

Do you have any voluntary/work experience? worked in New Look for a bit and went to a United Nations retreat

What does your course require? BBB

Why DMU? Leicester seems fun :biggrin:
Where are you from? : Kuwait

What course(s) are you applying for? : International Relations and Politics

What qualifications do you have? : What are your predicted grades and in which subjects? I'm taking the IB and my school hasn't told me my predicted grade, but it was enough for me to get a conditional offer thankfully.

Do you have any voluntary/work experience? : I am a part of my school's MUN club and went to the Paris MUN conference last November, great experience :smile:.

What does your course require? : I need at least 28 points and at least a pass in English.

Why DMU? : I've lived in London for a half year back in 2012 and would love to come back to the UK. I want to be in Leicester as I want a kind of new experience and live somewhere new and meet other people, while having the ability to get to London by train :P. Also the University was recommended to me by History Teacher who he has good things to say about DMU and I want to have the chance to see it for myself :smile:
Reply 8
Where are you from?

Gloucestershire

Business management and economics

Predicted grades: Economics-A Business-A Maths-B

Y10 work experience at an accountancy firm
Y12 work experience at Lloyds Bank

Unconditional

Mainly because they gave me an unconditional. Also, really good employment figures after degree
Reply 9
Where are you from? Hertfordshire

What course(s) are you applying for? English and Journalism joint honours

What qualifications do you have? What are your predicted grades and in which subjects? I got BBC at AS, and predicted BBB

Do you have any voluntary/work experience? None

What does your course require? BCC

Why DMU? The campus and accommodation seems perfect for me, close to central city & the course looks fantastic
Reply 10
Where are you from ? London

What course(s) are you applying for? Law

What are your predicted grades and in which subjects? predicted ABB

Do you have any voluntary/work experience? Worked at a couple of law firms in London

What does your course require? ABB

Why DMU? Then people at the university had a good vibe and they were friendly. I liked the way the way that the course has been set.
Coming from Thailand but I hold both Thai and Brit. I'm 23, will be 24 when I start. Unsure if I will go here but I'm applying for Computer Science and Computer security. Anyone around my age doing one of the two courses? Looking for friends.

I can cook some good Thai food if we become friends, hell I'll teach you Thai and if we are good friends, we can go Thailand together.
Where are you from? Birmingham

What course(s) are you applying for? Law LLB (Hons) (M100)

What qualifications do you have? What are your predicted grades and in which subjects? BTEC Health & Social Care Extended dip DDM

Do you have any voluntary/work experience? Worked in a solicitors firm

What does your course require? DDM (Also Unconditional)

Why DMU? Looks like a nice university and has a good balance of everything and no too far from home. (Although i will be staying in accomodation
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, I'm an MA applicant...hope it's okay for me to post here!

Where are you from? Originally from Newcastle upon Tyne but I have lived in Leicestershire for ten years
What course(s) are you applying for? MA English
What qualifications do you have? What are your predicted grades and in which subjects? C in English Language A-Level, predicted 2:1 in degree (English Language and Literature)
Do you have any voluntary/work experience? Yes- I volunteered at my local library, I've also done work experience teaching literacy to jobseekers and I volunteer as a benefits support person in a support group I'm part of. Plus masses of life experience as I am very old compared to probably most of you :biggrin:
What does your course require? Erm that depends on who you listen to :biggrin: the official bumph says a 2:2 but having spoken to the staff a 2:1 is preferred.
Why DMU? It's my local uni- I'm severely disabled and it's just easiest for me to access. However it does help that the course is just exactly what I'm looking for :smile:
Reply 14
Hi de montfort university have offered me a place for psychology. They said:
"This offer is subject to you obtaining A minimum of 128 UCAS Tariff points from 2 A levels or equivalent".
What grades do I need to get?
Original post by ecca123
Hi de montfort university have offered me a place for psychology. They said:
"This offer is subject to you obtaining A minimum of 128 UCAS Tariff points from 2 A levels or equivalent".
What grades do I need to get?

128 point is usually ABB... so maybe you'll need A* A
Original post by BurstingBubbles
This thread is for applicants to discuss applications and for a general chat about the process :smile:

Where are you from?
Macclesfield northwest near Manchester
photography and video
Btec lv 3 extended scrub
did some engineering work experience hated it decided to do art instead
a winning smile and bit of charm

saw the place in person and fell in love with it
the buildings the people the city all of it.
so many places to go and people to see
how could i possibly resist?

Ps gonna be staying in the glassworks and i like to drink an aweful lot so if you cant find someone to hit to town with look for
Thom Martin im easy going as hell
Where are you from?
Leicester

Photography & Video (BA Hons)

As a 'mature student' my existing qualifications comprise both academic and vocational (spanning over 21 years)! It's been quite a long time since I was in formal education.

Plenty, see above - I've been working for 21 years already, though none of it is within the creative industries so this will help change my career direction. Half of my career has been within the voluntary sector.

A good portfolio, relevant qualifications and demonstrable knowledge of an understanding of the arts; past, present & future.

Why DMU?
Leicester is my home-town. I've watched DMU grow from a polytechnic into the university it is today, it's only 2 miles from my home. New Art and Design students benefit from the with the newly opened and state of the art Vijay Patel building equipped with it's brand new facilities.
Reply 18
Original post by littlemix012
Where are you from? - Yorkshire
What course(s) are you applying for?- Law, Human Rights and Social Justice
What qualifications do you have? - AS' at BCC
What are your predicted grades and in which subjects? English language - A English literature - B Psychology - B
Do you have any voluntary/work experience? Nope
What does your course require? A lot of reading :/
Why DMU? :biggrin: Looks decent enough and looks in a good place!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I'm doing this course too
Reply 19
Is anyone doing biomedical science?

Quick Reply

Latest