The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

University of Surrey Applicants - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunman100
Surrey have emailed me saying thwt if my grade goes up after a remark they will accept me but what am i going to do about accommodation as i currently can not apply until the remark comes

Hi @sunman100,

With regards to accommodation, I would advise looking in the private sector as it is highly unlikely we will have any rooms in halls available. We have a dedicated Lettings team who are there to advise students on how to go about finding accommodation in the local area. Have a read through the info on the page I linked above, and if you still need some advice then please give the team a call on 01483 68 1111. The Lettings team also have a Facebook group where students and landlords post about rooms that they have available, or post 'room wanted' ads.

Many students also get rooms through spareroom.co.uk - you can set the filters there to only show rooms available to students. Anything within the GU1 and GU2 postcodes should be within walking distance of the uni. GU3 and GU4 postcodes would be good if you wanted to cycle or didn't mind getting a bus into town and then walking 10 minutes to the uni. The surrounding towns of Woking, Godalming, Farnham and Aldershot are also viable options if you don't mind a short train journey to the uni. The train station is only a 10 minute walk from our main Stag Hill campus.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by University of Surrey
Hi @sunman100,

With regards to accommodation, I would advise looking in the private sector as it is highly unlikely we will have any rooms in halls available. We have a dedicated Lettings team who are there to advise students on how to go about finding accommodation in the local area. Have a read through the info on the page I linked above, and if you still need some advice then please give the team a call on 01483 68 1111. The Lettings team also have a Facebook group where students and landlords post about rooms that they have available, or post 'room wanted' ads.

Many students also get rooms through spareroom.co.uk - you can set the filters there to only show rooms available to students. Anything within the GU1 and GU2 postcodes should be within walking distance of the uni. GU3 and GU4 postcodes would be good if you wanted to cycle or didn't mind getting a bus into town and then walking 10 minutes to the uni. The surrounding towns of Woking, Godalming, Farnham and Aldershot are also viable options if you don't mind a short train journey to the uni. The train station is only a 10 minute walk from our main Stag Hill campus.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley

Got my remark back this morning, turns out my marks went up by 15. So i have been accepted into Surrey, however I am still waiting for them to update my UCAS tracker. Seeing as I chosen them as my firm originally and that it is not my fault that my paper was marked incorrectly, surely i should be given the same priority that student that firm Surrey received in regards to accommodation.
Original post by reekkuu
Hey! I also want to apply for Economics and Finance in Surrey as my firm. I'm predicted an A*AA but i doubt i will get an A in Further Maths. Do you think they will consider A*AB or AAB because i have heard alot stories about surrey accepting people who got lower than their offer. Is it true?

hey do you go to surrey now? im thinking of going there for the same curse
Original post by sunman100
Got my remark back this morning, turns out my marks went up by 15. So i have been accepted into Surrey, however I am still waiting for them to update my UCAS tracker. Seeing as I chosen them as my firm originally and that it is not my fault that my paper was marked incorrectly, surely i should be given the same priority that student that firm Surrey received in regards to accommodation.

Hi @sunman100,

I would advise contacting Accommodation directly about this as I'm unsure of how it works in this situation. Their number is +44(0)1483 682466 :smile:

All the best,
Ashley
Hi I have forgotten to order my biochem equipment and the deadline was today at 12, is there another way of ordering them?
Original post by ambitiousgirl1
Hi I have forgotten to order my biochem equipment and the deadline was today at 12, is there another way of ordering them?

Hi @ambitiousgirl1,

I'd advise contacting your faculty about this. Please email [email protected] or call +44 (0)1483 68 4505 and they should be able to help you with this :smile:

All the best,
Ashley

Quick Reply