The Student Room Group
from the experience my friends had, you cant get the "offers" such as rail cards/money....and you may also struggle to get an overdraft.

i think in the end my mates went with HSBC...

love Katy ***
Reply 2
ok thx!! and i've heard barclays offers a special pakage for int'l students. how good is it?
i dont really know...but my mate worked for barkey's at home...and had her home account with them...but stil couldnt get an account with them and went with hsbc....

love Katy ***
Reply 4
Hsbc
Reply 5
No, unfortunately we don't get the railcard or anything like that :frown: I've had a look and personally I think I'll go with Barclays-at least you get 15% discount on waterstones and HMV all year. With HSBC you don't get any extras. Have a look at their websites if you want some more info :smile:
Reply 6
Do British banks generally take into consideration the financial situation and history of parents? Not that I need any fancy credit cards etc. as a student in the UK, but getting some decent interest rates and so on would be nice.
noctivaga
Do British banks generally take into consideration the financial situation and history of parents? Not that I need any fancy credit cards etc. as a student in the UK, but getting some decent interest rates and so on would be nice.

it depends what you mean...student accounts have very very poor intrest rates as they are designed for you to be overdrawn.

so if your actually planning on having any money i wouldnt suggest a student account..espcially if your an internationa student as you wont even get the freebies.

ive never been asked my parents financial situation but i have been asked mine.

love Katy ***
Reply 8
Farhad1985
Guys,which bank offer the best int'l student bank account? do we as international student benefit from the free 5 yr rail card too??

it depends where u are from (where u are transferring money from) but i would say hsbc.
i'm definitely getting a hsbc student account and my dad was saying something abt opening one with halifax...something to do with higher interest rates...

Latest

Trending

Trending