The Student Room Group

How long to self-teach S1?

Just out of interest, how long would you say it would take you to self-teach all of S1?
Taught myself in a week (in yr 12)

Posted from TSR Mobile
10 days tops
Depends how much time you put into it. I did it in a week (roughly one section per day), but I know other people who have done it in more/less time.
A friend of mine learnt it within a week. I'd say a month would be enough to thoroughly cover everything.
Reply 5
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Taught myself in a week (in yr 12)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Mr Moon Man
10 days tops

Original post by JRKinder
Depends how much time you put into it. I did it in a week (roughly one section per day), but I know other people who have done it in more/less time.

Original post by Taylor.wilson
A friend of mine learnt it within a week. I'd say a month would be enough to thoroughly cover everything.

Thanks for the responses :smile:
Reply 6
It's quite easy, I'd say 2 weeks to finish and understand the content plus another 2 weeks looking at exams. You can of course shorten it by a week if you put in more time but I'd say 4 weeks, although 3 weeks is possible with strong dedication.
(edited 7 years ago)
A week to 10 days! :biggrin:
I wouldn't listen to half the answers here. When you learn S1 you have to be able to apply all the knowledge you have gained and recalll everything in months time, so for someone to learn S1 in a week means they were not spending adequate time on each section and doing practice questions. However if you did then congratz to you.
I'd say it would take a month to fully understand the concepts and apply them later.
Reply 9
Thanks for your input :u:
5 minutes.
I got taught S1 and S2, but I self-taught S3 - that took me about two hours a day over the Easter holidays, so two weeks (I was revising all my other modules as well). I wouldn't agree with the other people saying that you need a month to fully understand the concepts - I did a lot worse in S3 than my other modules, which were all around 97 UMS, but I still got a mid B in it. So I would say two weeks should work for S1 too. Obviously, the more time you have free to spend on it, the better the grade you'll get, but if you don't have much free time, don't worry! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
A day or two.
Reply 13
Original post by loveire&song
I got taught S1 and S2, but I self-taught S3 - that took me about two hours a day over the Easter holidays, so two weeks (I was revising all my other modules as well). I wouldn't agree with the other people saying that you need a month to fully understand the concepts - I did a lot worse in S3 than my other modules, which were all around 97 UMS, but I still got a mid B in it. So I would say two weeks should work for A1 too. Obviously, the more time you have free to spend on it, the better the grade you'll get, but if you don't have much free time, don't worry! :smile:

Thanks for your response. Very informative :h:

Quick Reply

Latest