Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok.

I did it, and you WERE right about it being so cheap, but it's actually £559 :P

Seriously, I apologise.

ReputationRep:

Now, any ideas WHY it would be that cheap???

ReputationRep:
    That said, the total price is £716. Still a bump if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but if you compare it to other laptops you can get with that price, its a steal don't you think?

(Plus it also comes bloatware free ie just like a Macbook - only with what you require)

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, it seems like it's going to be too heavy. There must be some disadvantage at that price, and I think that would be it. Not to mention shoddy build.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - those are two things I'm concerned about too. The problem is, there are no reviews out for this laptop ANYWHERE. Not in the UK, not in the US. Until any reviews come out, I'm going to stay away from this.

Anyone on the forums care to share how the laptop is (with loads of pics plz)? I doubt anyones even got it yet...

ReputationRep:
    Look around here - http://forum.notebookreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

You'll find plenty of pics/reviews.

ReputationRep:
    The build quality is aluminium-based, not plastic, so it can't be that bad.

It is heavy though.

ReputationRep:
    Those jokers at dell just sent me an email, my initial delivery was 24th august, now it is 17th september. What the hell?

ReputationRep:
    Did you order a 1700 by chance?

I ordered a Vostro 1500 last monday and it is due to arrive tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Nope the 1400. Ordered on the 6th I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Will windows vista business have the same features as vista premium?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RN450)
    Will windows vista business have the same features as vista premium?
    It has almost all of the useful features of Vista Home Premium.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoubleThePrice)
    Did you order a 1700 by chance?

I ordered a Vostro 1500 last monday and it is due to arrive tomorrow.
    Mate can u be nice enough to tell us what you think of the laptop when you get it. Will be really appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    This is probably the best review available specifically for the Vostro 1500:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=156302

However the Vostro is basically the inspiron in a metal chassis so you can check out those reviews as well if you want more.

ReputationRep:
    Just ordered mine shame about the delivery time though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali07)
    Mate can u be nice enough to tell us what you think of the laptop when you get it. Will be really appreciated!
    Yeah it's good, it's a nice laptop and I haven't got any complaints about it yet.

The screen (1400*900) is really nice and better than my old LCD and everything seems to run pretty fast.

Do you have any specific queries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lateralus)
    Just ordered mine shame about the delivery time though
    Mine took 10 days, yours will probably be even faster as it seems Dell have sorted out most of the delay problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoubleThePrice)
    Yeah it's good, it's a nice laptop and I haven't got any complaints about it yet.

The screen (1400*900) is really nice and better than my old LCD and everything seems to run pretty fast.

Do you have any specific queries?
    I would like to know how the build quality is - how does it compare to other laptops and such.

ReputationRep:
    My delivery estimate is Sep 18th. Hopefully that changes but it was what I was expecting.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 28, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.