Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone post some pic's? Also, I've heard the only, but frustrating, problem with the Vostro's is a 'grainy' screen. Does your screen seem to be 'grainy'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam12)
    Can anyone post some pic's? Also, I've heard the only, but frustrating, problem with the Vostro's is a 'grainy' screen. Does your screen seem to be 'grainy'?
    my sister got the 1000 with true life and it seems perfect ... she loves hers. It's a shame the desktop vostros are not so fast with their delivery mine isn't coming until the 20th October (2 weeks ago it was arriving yesterday... but i kicked up a fuss and they knocked off £50 lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyxie)
    my sister got the 1000 with true life and it seems perfect ... she loves hers. It's a shame the desktop vostros are not so fast with their delivery mine isn't coming until the 20th October (2 weeks ago it was arriving yesterday... but i kicked up a fuss and they knocked off £50 lol)
    What resolution is the screen?

ReputationRep:
    ^ sorry not to sure... it might be on the dell website?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the question. But can I buy a Vostro laptop without being a SMALL BUSINESS?

Because the website always mention vostro is EXCLUSIVE for small business.

I work for a company, I don't own one.

I couldn't find this information in the website.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can jfbaro, i have received my vostro 1700 and its awesome! Any questions you have on buying laptops feel free to PM me

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone with a 1500 tell me if the dimensions are as on the website.
    Width: 14.12" (35.8cm)
    Height: 1.65" (4.5cm)
    Depth: 10.59" (26.9cm)
    Weight: Preliminary starting weight at 6.33 lbs (2.87 kg)
    there's no reason they shouldn't be, just curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thestudent)
    Can anyone with a 1500 tell me if the dimensions are as on the website.
    Width: 14.12" (35.8cm)
    Height: 1.65" (4.5cm)
    Depth: 10.59" (26.9cm)
    Weight: Preliminary starting weight at 6.33 lbs (2.87 kg)
    there's no reason they shouldn't be, just curious
    Of course, I'll jsut get my calipers.

No, of course not. The website is accurate, except for the weight, and also if you get the extended battery you will find that it sticks out of the back.

ReputationRep:
    So what does Vista run like on the Vostro, as I now see theres an option to get with XP and I've never had any experience with Vista and don't know if it's any good. and has anyone managed to get Vista premium with Vostro?

ReputationRep:
    thestudent,

it runs it fine. obviously the faster the vostro, the better it runs it.
    but the standard £400 vostro will run vista nicely with 1gb of ram.
    2gb would be better, but its not essential and can be added at a later time.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Does it worth to go for the 160GB 7200rpm or that is not a big different in performance compared to 5400? I have heard some people saying the 7200rpm is too noisy!

What do you guys think?

P.S.: F...... H...!! There is no longer neither free delivery nor offers!!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I didn't bother going for the 7200rpm becuase with a 160gb drive the data density will already be quite high so you'll get decent data rates even at 5400rpm. Dell also tend to over charge for hdds, check ebuyer and you may be able to get the 7200rpm drive cheaper than Dell charges for the upgrade and then you could use the 5400rpm as an external drive.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 28, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.