The Student Room Group

CS at Cambridge

Anyone who got an offer from Cambridge for CS, can you please tell me your secrets? I'm planning to take: Maths, Further Maths, and Physics for A-Level (I don't have a GCSE in ICT/IT/Computing/Computer Science whatever the hell you call it, therefore no A-Level in it but the quantity of A-Levels won't affect my chances, will it?).

I got a B at Core Science, despite joining in Year 10 at a completely different school and am retaking it (will this hinder my chances of applying?) as I wasn't too happy with the grade and I didn't have enough time to revise for it :frown: . I also am aware that there are entry tests for this course: STEP, CSAT, MAT? Which one is it really? How can I prepare for this? I know it's all A-Level Further Maths stuff. Thank you x I'm Year 11 by the way :lol:
Original post by ShiawaseNekox3
Anyone who got an offer from Cambridge for CS, can you please tell me your secrets? I'm planning to take: Maths, Further Maths, and Physics for A-Level (I don't have a GCSE in ICT/IT/Computing/Computer Science whatever the hell you call it, therefore no A-Level in it but the quantity of A-Levels won't affect my chances, will it?).

I got a B at Core Science, despite joining in Year 10 at a completely different school and am retaking it (will this hinder my chances of applying?) as I wasn't too happy with the grade and I didn't have enough time to revise for it :frown: . I also am aware that there are entry tests for this course: STEP, CSAT, MAT? Which one is it really? How can I prepare for this? I know it's all A-Level Further Maths stuff. Thank you x I'm Year 11 by the way :lol:

I'm not at Cambridge, (applying to Oxford though) but I know that you don't need to do the MAT for Cambridge (that's Oxford). The CSAT definitely needs to be done for Cambridge and I hunk the STEP paper as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending