Should I tell my parents I'm going to a club underaged?

Watch
skrrtskrrtskrrt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Many of my friends have been clubbing for a while (all 16-17) and I recently got a fake ID.
I have a lot of freedom and always allowed to go to parties however I have never been to a club. I intend on going tomorrow night, ending at 4am, and due to me being on accutane I'm really not going to get waved or anything, I just want to enjoy some loud music and dancing with my friends.
Should I be honest with my parents and explain how I'm going to a club with a fake ID, or don't and lurk around in the freezing morning waiting for a good time to me to return from "being at a mates"? Not sure how they will react, and I don't have the ability to go to a mates, so I'm not sure what to do or to say.. I'd hate not to go and possibly have my parents take my ID.. What should I do?
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just wait til you're 18 dude, clubs are always gonna exist. You've got your whole life. Just wait.
skrrtskrrtskrrt
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amefish)
Just wait til you're 18 dude, clubs are always gonna exist. You've got your whole life. Just wait.
wish it was as simple as that but
1) I've paid £9 for this ticket without refund
2) Not advice I'm looking for
Amefish
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by skrrtskrrtskrrt)
wish it was as simple as that but
1) I've paid £9 for this ticket without refund
2) Not advice I'm looking for
Your parents probably won't be happy with you going and therefore will probably ask for your fake ID or won't let you out... and it's also not a good idea to wait in the streets until you can go home (possibly in the pouring rain). You'll probably have a much better time staying at home.
skrrtskrrtskrrt
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amefish)
Your parents probably won't be happy with you going and therefore will probably ask for your fake ID or won't let you out... and it's also not a good idea to wait in the streets until you can go home (possibly in the pouring rain). You'll probably have a much better time staying at home.
honesty is the best policy I feel like they will respect my maturity of admitting where I am going
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
honesty is the best policy I feel like they will respect my maturity of admitting where I am going
using a forged ID is not the benchmark of honesty.
skrrtskrrtskrrt
Rep:
?
Still not adding up

You're suggesting I waste the ID (£30), waste the tickets I have bought (£29), sit at home feeling sorry for myself, while I could've been enjoying myself at no harm?

This is a complicated situation, and simply saying "don't go for a year and a half" is not the solution
skrrtskrrtskrrt
Rep:
?
Update: told her, she laughed at the price of the ID, wished me luck, explained how she got into clubs and told me I have to text her when I'm in : ) now time to have fun and enjoy my childhood
rayestar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
update: Told her, she laughed at the price of the id, wished me luck, explained how she got into clubs and told me i have to text her when i'm in : ) now time to have fun and enjoy my childhood
congratulationnnn!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (81)
26.91%
No - I have already returned home (38)
12.62%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
19.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.3%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.23%

Watched Threads