Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How much does it cost in UK because I really have to get one. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Depends what kind you get. You can pick up cheap ones for 20 quid (but these tend to be crap) or go up market and buy GHDS which are 100 quid.

ReputationRep:
    yeh if u can get ghd. even the cheaper ones made by hairdresses tend to be rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    my straightener was 185 bucks from www.hai.com..but it has lasted a long time

ReputationRep:
    mine were £45 and they are pretty good. probably look at ones around £35 and up to get decent ones

ReputationRep:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse...1500006702.htm

Argos have quite a good range Got mine from there in the sale.

ReputationRep:
    I got a pair for 25 quid, which were crap, then a pair for 40 quid, which were even worse, then I shelled out 95 for a pair of ghds and I've never been happier. My hairs really thick and no other straighteners do anything; take my advice- get ghds, they may be a bit more expensive but they work, with most of the others you'll just be wasting your money.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Mine was £30 - remington, ceramic ones, had them 3 years, and they are brilliant. Was in boots the other day and you can get similar ones for £15-20!

My hair is extremely thick.

I find gHD's stop working just after the guarantee runs out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    Mine was £30 - remington, ceramic ones, had them 3 years, and they are brilliant. Was in boots the other day and you can get similar ones for £15-20!

My hair is extremely thick.

Lmao
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Its true...lol A lot of my friends have them... i should take bets on when they will blow up!

ReputationRep:
    I've had two pairs of GHDs in the last 4 years!! Doesn't help when my friends drop them all the time but they do last long and I've naturally curly hair so it's the only thing that works. If you have a cheap pair of curling tongs or straighteners you don't use or that are even broke you can trade them in a salon to get £20 off GHDs. That's what I'm doing this time!

ReputationRep:
    Mine were about £15-£20 from Tesco and they're actually pretty good. Better than the ones I paid about £45 for (and they were in the sale, originally £60 or something...pft).

ReputationRep:

ghd are really good with customer service and all that stuff actually.and when u pay so much they have to be really. mine broke after about a year and a half i think it was a loose connection after dropping it a thousand times. so sent them off to ghd to be repaired obviously expecting to pay for it since the guarantee was over and they sent me a brand new pair.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Lucky!

ReputationRep:
    depends on your hair, girl. if you have thick hair, go for hotter (more expensive ones, like GHD). if you have thin hair you can go dirt cheap.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky!
    i know i was well chuffed. im treating them much nicer this time

ReputationRep:
    I saw some nice Babyliss straighteners in TK Maxx for about 20 quid. They looked well nice! I have one of them in America and it's fabulous.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.