What C1-4 content is required for OCR S2 and S3?

Watch
peterw55
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The question is in the title, really. I'm trying to find out what I need to self study, as I'm planning on doing an extra AS in FM. Thanks!
peterw55
Rep:
?
(Original post by petrus123)
The question is in the title, really. I'm trying to find out what I need to self study, as I'm planning on doing an extra AS in FM. Thanks!
Anyone?
JN17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't speak for S3 but S2 it seems you only need basic integration, decent algebra and a good understanding of S1.
peterw55
Rep:
?
(Original post by JN17)
Can't speak for S3 but S2 it seems you only need basic integration, decent algebra and a good understanding of S1.
Is this OCR? If so, why does it say you need C3-4 stuff?

Does basic integration include any trig functions, logs, integrals to infinity, etc.?
JN17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is this OCR? If so, why does it say you need C3-4 stuff?

Does basic integration include any trig functions, logs, integrals to infinity, etc.?
Oh my bad I assumed edexcel without seeing, I'd advise you go through the s2/s3 syllabus and see what you might need from core, but its probably better to learn the core modules first and then move onto s2/s3 so there is no new content in terms of integration etc.
peterw55
Rep:
?
(Original post by JN17)
Oh my bad I assumed edexcel without seeing, I'd advise you go through the s2/s3 syllabus and see what you might need from core, but its probably better to learn the core modules first and then move onto s2/s3 so there is no new content in terms of integration etc.
Unfortunately, I can't entirely pick and choose. I'm already in a class for Maths A-level (doing C3-4 mainly in the second year, I think). I'll ask a Maths teacher.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unfortunately, I can't entirely pick and choose. I'm already in a class for Maths A-level (doing C3-4 mainly in the second year, I think). I'll ask a Maths teacher.
After our earlier discussion I looked through the specification and at a few past papers and I can't find anything that isn't basic calculus (e.g. for area under a curve in continuous variables). This isn't a comprehensive analysis and I think speaking to a teacher who actually delivers S2/3 would be a good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
peterw55
Rep:
?
(Original post by gdunne42)
After our earlier discussion I looked through the specification and at a few past papers and I can't find anything that isn't basic calculus (e.g. for area under a curve in continuous variables). This isn't a comprehensive analysis and I think speaking to a teacher who actually delivers S2/3 would be a good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! I'll try that. Hopefully you're right :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (513)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (627)
41.28%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (310)
20.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.54%

Watched Threads