Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Monkey Dust watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Who loves this show? I think its wickedly refreshing, the only thing the BBC has got going for it, in the post 'Office' era.

If you've never seen it folks and you've got Sky, its on in 20 mins (11:30pm 26/7/04) on BBC Three (channel 115).

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I think it's just horrible. I usually love dark comedy but it's just a bit too dark for me. It truly scares me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by airie_faerie)
    Ooh I think it's just horrible. I usually love dark comedy but it's just a bit too dark for me. It truly scares me.
    I know what you mean. What about that bit where that woman writes to a prisoner. They fall in love, get married etc... and the space hopper commands him to kill her. That was just not funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iloveawaygames)
    Who loves this show? I think its wickedly refreshing, the only thing the BBC has got going for it, in the post 'Office' era.

If you've never seen it folks and you've got Sky, its on in 20 mins (11:30pm 26/7/04) on BBC Three (channel 115).
    It definitely is ingenious, although it is very dark indeed.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it. Not because it's dark or anything, I just don't like it. I suppose the writing is very clever, but I just can't sit down and watch it for a long period of time because I don't find it funny.

ReputationRep:
    I love it, its so funny! Like when the lady serves a tramp's head for dinner: "Yes, its a Jamie Oliver". Or the racist offshoot of tomatoes... "What do you call a white guy surrounded by a hundred black guys? A warden!" How they got away with that, I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iloveawaygames)

omg that programme is genius!!!! i have the opening song at home its by the eels ont the soul jacker album called something like "not very funny" :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Monkey Dust is a wicked show.

ReputationRep:
    I love the one about the man who's always taking the WRONG bloody drugs and ending up with syringes in his own bum-hole etc.

..Good comedy!

...Effing good comedies

Speaking of good comedies: Office, Two-Packets of Crisps and A Pint of Lager, Graham Nortan, Merseybeat, Smoking Room, Eastenders, Crime-watch, Mighty Boosh ('Yo Ho for me...and Yo Ho for them all'...(you need to watch the show)), 999 (Duh Duh.. Duuuuuuh)(again..need to watch the show), Two Packets... yes I AM aware I have alredy said it but if you watch it Im sure you'll agree it IS worthy of a double mention (bo selecta to you BBC 2- finally a bloody decent show since Ofice)

Kelly :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellyLP4)
    I love the one about the man who's always taking the WRONG bloody drugs and ending up with syringes in his own bum-hole etc.

..Good comedy!

...Effing good comedies

Speaking of good comedies: Office, Two-Packets of Crisps and A Pint of Lager, Graham Nortan, Merseybeat, Smoking Room, Eastenders, Crime-watch, Mighty Boosh ('Yo Ho for me...and Yo Ho for them all'...(you need to watch the show)), 999 (Duh Duh.. Duuuuuuh)(again..need to watch the show), Two Packets... yes I AM aware I have alredy said it but if you watch it Im sure you'll agree it IS worthy of a double mention (bo selecta to you BBC 2- finally a bloody decent show since Ofice)

Kelly :mad:
    Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.